starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The History of Westminster Strength & Conditioning

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by bapelsin View Post
    Reading about all those strong women is super inspiring for me who's just one month in. Thank you!

Would be curious to hear your or others' thoughts on those "finer points of aggression". I think I know fierceness pretty well (hey, I have an autistic kid--enduring fierceness is part of the job) but would nevertheless like to hear pointers about how to get constructively angry at the bar.
    I always teach it during the press. It's the first lift that stalls. I usually wait until they miss the first set. I then have a little talk with them before their second set. When they unrack the bar there will be quite a bit of yelling. They usually hit the set easily and much faster than the first set they missed. When they rack the bar they will have a look on their face like they just finished a fist fight. I guess its a combo of the talk and the yelling. Works every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Aaron View Post
    Interesting article. I'm interested in how the finances work out, it'd be hard to keep 7 people employed with just 200 members here Down Under, but I imagine Bryant won't want to share those details.

It'd be good to hear how he went from no clients/members to 200, how he got his first ones. This is after all a stumbling block for many trainer/coaches wanting to open their own place. "I can train people... but who?"
    I don't get rich doing this. My 3 boys and my wife have everything they need. I work my ass off. My wife is one of the coaches and I rely on interns quite a bit. My wife or myself are at the gym pretty much every hour its open. Not a day has ever went by that I haven't been excited to drive in and open the doors for training.

I announced my grand opening on a website I wasn't even sure people knew existed. I had about 6 people show up and 3 or so join. I trained the hell out of them and they started talking. That's how you go from zero clients. You only need one. If you train them better than they ever could imagine you will do just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by patterson View Post
    Ill chime in here. Being a carroll county resident myself it is very exciting to hear everything your doing around town. The county has a good history of kickass football teams already. To learn that every weight room nw has a copy of ss bbt3 is incredible. Also nice to know you got your foot in the door to talking common sense trainging into all of the gym programs.

Also I've beeb to your facility before. Would love to be a member but that just can't happen right now. Great place, great attitudes, and great people. I always recommend your gym if crossfit or weight lifting comes up in conversation.
    I appreciate it! I am doing my best to build the barbell sports back to what the area had. So close to York there's so much knowledge close by, Marty G., Kirk K., Leo Totten, Mike Jenkins is originally from here. It's time to restore that mindset.

Thanks for the local support.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Leppo View Post
    Beau,

Thanks for writting this article. I really enjoyed reading it -- very informative, interesting, and inspiring. Hopefully, I can follow your example and duplicate your success in the future, after I leave active duty.

All the Best,
    Joe
    Anything I can do to help out let me know.

Great article. Gym sounds awesome. I'm only about 2.5 hours away so once my knee heals up I may have to set up a daytrip down there.

Great article! Sounds like a great place to train!

Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in:

I took about a 90 minute drive up to see Beau this morning and get some help with my lifts. The gym is amazing, good equipment, great atmosphere...especially with the strength training room for an Air Force guy like me since it feels like a tiny hangar. Beau obviously has an incredible command of the lifts, he's an excellent coach and got my squat, bench, and PC dialed in after about 75-80 minutes, and didn't even charge me extra for going over the hour we originally agreed on! I'm now going to spend the rest of my time here in MD attempting to convince my wife and all of my friends to go see Beau.

TL;DR: Go to this gym. ASAP. It's fucking awesome.

Just got back from my session at Beau's. It was awesome! He fixed my gf's and my squat, deadlift and press right up. If you get the chance I highly recommend it. Beau and his facility are amazing.

Awesome article! Someone needs to open a gym like this in NYC! I'd kill for a good coach.
    Also inspiring that you are pursuing your dream as an entrepreneur and small business owner.

starting strength coach development program
    See David Osorio or Jeremy at CF South Brooklyn.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12