starting strength gym
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Shoeses

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hobbitses.

I have the 1/2" Rogue Do-Wins. I measure 12.5 or 13. I ordered the 12.5s. They fit like clown shoes. In the next order, I bought the 12s and 11.5s. I ended up keeping the 11.5s which are the right size for me and returning the others. Considering all the shipping to and from Canada, they are some very expensive shoes. I like them. I especially like them in combination with my Best belt which arrived at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by spiderman View Post
    I have the 1/2" Rogue Do-Wins. I measure 12.5 or 13. I ordered the 12.5s. They fit like clown shoes. In the next order, I bought the 12s and 11.5s. I ended up keeping the 11.5s which are the right size for me and returning the others. Considering all the shipping to and from Canada, they are some very expensive shoes. I like them. I especially like them in combination with my Best belt which arrived at the same time.
    it's this and similar comments that have me very wary of buying from Rogue - easy enough if you're in the States, but to pay $50 shipping here, then return, then reshipping because they are the wrong size turns them into a $300 pair of shoes, not a $120 pair of shoes.

Anyone have a pair of Rogue and a pair of Adidas? I know my size in Adidas, so a comparison would probably help

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    Hobbitses.

Quote Originally Posted by RugbySmartarse View Post
    it's this and similar comments that have me very wary of buying from Rogue - easy enough if you're in the States, but to pay $50 shipping here, then return, then reshipping because they are the wrong size turns them into a $300 pair of shoes, not a $120 pair of shoes.

Anyone have a pair of Rogue and a pair of Adidas? I know my size in Adidas, so a comparison would probably help
    Rugby- I own a pair of rogue .5s. My suggestion is to try on a pair of adidas runners that are EXACTLY YOUR SIZE( where your big toe is almost uncomfortable because it it touching the front of the shoe). Order the same size in rogues. It's not so much that the shoes are large, as much as the fact that the toe end of the rogues have a lil bump on the toe end. Which makes it roomy. I did what I just said, and my rogues are a perfect fit.

The shoes do not have even half an inch in which your foot could slide around during a heavy squat and make it a disconcerting experience.

The rogues are great. I don't have a complaint about them at all.

My review on the Rogue site:

"Sizing was a bit unexpected. The correct size for me ended up being size 11.5. My feet measure size 12.5. I wear size 12 Chuck's, size 12 Adidas Power Lift Trainer, size 13 Asics runners, and size 12 Dr. Martens."

I have the Adidas ladies Powerlift 2 - I'm a size 8 (UK), but had to exchange for the 8.5. The 8s would have been perfect on one foot but the other big toe was trying to tunnel its way out. So I'd say they are pretty true to size unless you have weird feet like me!

If your in Canada, try ordering from Rogue Canada website. Just sayin..

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    Hobbitses.
    Coaches, I would appreciate it if we could keep the snide humour to a minimum.

No disrespect or anything it's just that I'm in a race against time you know?

Laughing would cause one to lose that race.

And a loser gets no shoeses.

So I told my pops to check out the Adipowers he told me:

"Hey, son, you wanna buy shoes for 200$? You crazy?"

When he puts it that way it does sound kinda horrible.

Is it typically difficult to reach people in Canada or does my father simply not like me anymore?

starting strength coach development program
    Another option might be the Reebek Crossfit Lifting shoes.

Reebok has free shipping in Canada and 15% off your first order.

I have no idea how good the shoes are though.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast