starting strength gym

Thread: Power Clean Form Check

Default Power Clean Form Check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hello Coaches,

I have recently reset my PC from 175 because I wasn't hitting my sets and reps. I'm using 5 sets of 3 and increasing 5 pounds a week. My own observation is that I'm pushing the bar out in front of me when I make contact with my thighs. I feel I should be pulling much more weight (current deadlift is 380x3).

Attached is my 5th set filmed from the side. I have more videos from a 45 degree angle if needed.

Thank you for your time and the service you provide to us.

These are pretty good. Your main problem is that you're not getting as tight as you need to - as soon as you pull your back is coming unlocked. Squeeze up harder. I have a couple of rules for the PC that apply to everyone, myself included:
    Rule #1: The more work you do in the set-up, the better the lift.
    Rule #2: You're not doing enough work on the set-up.

Other than that, I'd invest in a pair of bumper plates. Your octagonal plates are making you move around each rep to get a correct set-up, which could be contributory. Finally, it's probably time to go to a 2.5# increment.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Hill View Post
    These are pretty good. Your main problem is that you're not getting as tight as you need to - as soon as you pull your back is coming unlocked. Squeeze up harder. I have a couple of rules for the PC that apply to everyone, myself included:
    Rule #1: The more work you do in the set-up, the better the lift.
    Rule #2: You're not doing enough work on the set-up.

Other than that, I'd invest in a pair of bumper plates. Your octagonal plates are making you move around each rep to get a correct set-up, which could be contributory. Finally, it's probably time to go to a 2.5# increment.
    Thank you for looking at my video and providing feedback. I definitely noticed how my back became unlocked when I rewatched the video, and will focus on correcting this issue with a better setup.

One final follow-up question, is microloading the PC a common programming solution that you usually see/recommend? I'm going to give it a shot and log my results.

Thanks Coach.

Micro-loading the power clean is common, yes.