starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Squat check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Was it the delay in setting my knees that improved them? Should I delay it a bit more?

Thanks!

I hope I'm not overstaying my welcome here. I really want to get this right. After understanding the last set of the last session I decided today to try to focus on making "up your mind to drive your ass up." Not that I'm afraid to do it, I must just not get how to do it properly. Anyway, I realize there is some knee slide and barpath issues on a lot of these today, but I was really trying to drive my ass more than anything. (I watched that video of Zach doing 320 5x5 and tried to emulate it as much as I could.)

Any of this on the right track?

Thanks!

sorry for the crappy quality of the video 280x5x3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDT2ob13hAo

Posting today's session. Here's something I haven't really asked yet but are these deep enough?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUIZStvEK0Q

You have no problems with depth. Every one of your squats is below parallel. Your sets at 280 had better usage of the hips, but worse knees than 285. You sets at 285 had little hip drive, but about half of your reps had the knees planted. You apparently can control this when you want to do so. You just need to make sure it happens on every rep. Think "heels" on the ascent and drive your ass up.

Thanks as always Tom. Clearly I can't handle two cues in my head at once. Will continue to work on it.

I've continued to increase the weight. I did 290 but let's just stay they were shitty (lots of moving knees). I didn't bother to post them as I thought it would be redundant. I am posting today's 295 session though because I was on the verge of pleased with these. I've been thinking heels to what I think has been some success. I know there's still a bit of knee motion, but I thought the last set was probably my best of the day. I'm still working on not setting them too early.

How am I doing? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP8pdogMBpw

Thanks!

starting strength coach development program
    Well, you are moving the weight pretty well, but almost every rep has the forward knee slide and the weight shift to your toes on the ascent. Do you have access to a TUBOW?

I am going to suggest something to see if we can fix this, but I reserve the right to reel this cue back in since it can lead to bad habits. Drive your knees back on the ascent. Let's see if that changes anything.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123