starting strength gym

Thread: Weird hand injury

Default Weird hand injury

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I am asking you guys mainly because I remember seeing the "gripping matters" article so I assume you know this stuff.
    Anyway, what happens is that there is a deep aching pain inside my hand in the section below my pinky when I "ulnar deviate" my hand(right hand to be specific but whatever). The pain gets worse if I have something to press either my index or middle finger against something. Like this, but with my hand in an ulnar deviated position:

When simply closing the fingers without something to push on there is no difference, and the pinky and ring fingers make no difference at all as with the index and middle fingers.

This is above my pay grade. We'll see if anyone else chimes in. What kind of pain are we talking about here? Mild and annoying? Enough to fuck up work sets? Bad enough that you want to see a doctor?

Differential is broad. There is exactly zero probability that you will get a reliable diagnosis and appropriate treatment (if any is required) of this injury on the Hinterwebz.

This is your hand we are talking about. If you're worried, please seek care.

Lol, JC u so silly

How rude of me, I forgot the thread. Anyway, the injury has healed so I guess there is nothing more to that.
    It didn't bother me during my work sets at all(I did my bench presses along with a set of deadlifts the day after I got the injury with no problem). I guess the pain was "mild and annoying" until I tried ulnar deviating or do what I described in my first post. The movement of turning on the oven and slicing cheese was too painful. The wrist was also cracking very much.

Thanks for your time anyway