starting strength gym

Thread: The Texas Method - Question about Wednesday's Recovery Workout

Default The Texas Method - Question about Wednesday's Recovery Workout

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I've been following the Texas Method per the T-Nation article @

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...e_texas_method

Everything is going good and I'm finally making progress again. Looking back on things I should have switched to intermediate level programming a long time ago.

The only that is not clear to me is the back extensions. I've been doing them on a 45 degree back extension bench. It's quite easy for me to do body weight for 5 sets of 10 and I've been doing that since I started the program a couple of months ago.

My question is, is it recommended to try to progress on these as well, by holding a increasingly heavier plate or dumbbell from week to week?

Get the book, new edition coming soon.

That's a bullshit answer. I own the book, this is not addressed. If you would have clicked on the link you would have seen that the article I referenced was written by Rip, that's who I was hoping to hear from..

Also, to whomever moved this thread to the Repetitive Inquiries section, I challenge you to post a link to a thread where this question is addressed. I searched the hell out of this site before I posted and couldn't find the answer I was seeking. Thank you.

Wednesday is for recovery, and should not be very hard. Do the back extensions, and think nothing more of them. Or change the tempo. Or add weight. Or do GHR's. It doesn't matter, as long as its not hard.

Quote Originally Posted by CBing View Post
    Also, to whomever moved this thread to the Repetitive Inquiries section, I challenge you to post a link to a thread where this question is addressed. I searched the hell out of this site before I posted and couldn't find the answer I was seeking. Thank you.
    If this "fell out of Rip's Q&A" I imagine it was TMPHBITEU.

It did. And the answer is in the book.

Back extensions on light day are meant for active recovery. They are not meant to be progressed in this program. Do them and enjoy them, because it's the only thing in the TM that's "easy."

If you want, use a glute ham raise instead. Those will seem harder for a few weeks until you get better at them.

And don't take it personally that you got bumped to RI. This issue has been addressed multiple times.

starting strength coach development program
    OK thanks for the info gentlemen, while not specific to back extensions, after rereading the Intermediate chapter, on the first paragraph on page 184 he talks about only trying to progress on the Mon ad Fri workout, so I'll take Kazzin's advice and just make sure it's not too hard on Wed.