starting strength gym
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Train Like an NBA All Star

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Heh. Russians.

Kind of reminds me of Attack of the Show (RIP) where they took every opportunity (or at least many) to put the girl hosts in revealing clothing.

Also... check out that bar angle. Nope, nothing to correct here!

nets-offseason-Capture.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by veryhrm View Post
    Also... check out that bar angle. Nope, nothing to correct here!

To be fair, it most likely doesn't matter, given the weight on the bar, and the fact that she'll probably never increase it.

Quote Originally Posted by PEBCAK View Post
    To be fair, it most likely doesn't matter, given the weight on the bar, and the fact that she'll probably never increase it.
    It's not important, in that sense. But, it matters.

He's probably got a phd in exercise fizz. What a bunch of useless bullshit. It seems like this stuff is very typical in professional sports performance training centers. Any ideas why?

I suspect there are many factors at play. But one of the more influential factors is probably that hires in that industry seem to be based on two main things: professional credentials and who you know/connections.

Since no major certifying body or ex-phys program that we know of does anything resembling a great job of teaching the fundamentals of the basic movements and how to coach them, it's not a surprise that well credentialed people, the ones likely to be hired if they have connections, most often don't know how to coach those movements. Ditto for programming.

In the absence of exposure to a better model, this isn't seen as a problem.

Other factors probably play a role as well, but I am fairly sure that's at least one major part of what's going on.

What we want to do is take your body through the range of motion it will go through on the court
    Maybe I don't watch enough basketball, but I've never seen someone do a backwards lunge while reaching one arm up and across their head.

Maybe that's why I suck at basketball, I don't do shit like that when I play.

Isn't this better for hockey?
    Actually lifting weights is better for hockey because you have to actually deal with defensemen trying to murder you in hockey. Flopping like LeBron is a two minute minor in hockey.

Why isn't she working out with the New York Rangers if she's in NY? Fuck the NBA.

The warm up portion of the video was as long as the silly workout.

Kids, do not try this at home
    Wise words. Do your squats.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf
    The blonde girl's massive levels of annoying, for starters.
    I'd still hit it.

I think I could handle being an NBA superstar if those are their daily workouts.
    I don't think you're prepared for the crazy amounts of cocaine you have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyRed View Post
    I don't think you're prepared for the crazy amounts of cocaine you have to do.
    No man, that's just chalk, I swear!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    I suspect there are many factors at play. But one of the more influential factors is probably that hires in that industry seem to be based on two main things: professional credentials and who you know/connections.

Since no major certifying body or ex-phys program that we know of does anything resembling a great job of teaching the fundamentals of the basic movements and how to coach them, it's not a surprise that well credentialed people, the ones likely to be hired if they have connections, most often don't know how to coach those movements. Ditto for programming.

In the absence of exposure to a better model, this isn't seen as a problem.

Other factors probably play a role as well, but I am fairly sure that's at least one major part of what's going on.
    What's really weird to me is that Rip's book is the best selling fitness book TO DATE and these idiots still haven't caught on. You'd think results like that would speak for themselves. It seems like EVERY TIME I flip on ESPN there's a story about a NBA/NFL athlete who blew out his knee. Someone needs to teach these fools how to squat right.

This dudes videos are ridiculous...

and probably my favorite:

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by deeprooted View Post
    This dudes videos are ridiculous...

and probably my favorite:

The lyrics playing in the last one sum up my thoughts about this guy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast