starting strength gym
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Deadlift Bar Jack / Barbell Lifter

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by DRice311 View Post
    You can buy coconul oil in gallon sized buckets???

where at? I pay like $6 for a tiny ass jar at trader joes.
    No, I upgraded to 5-gallons. Tropicaltraditions.com. Wait until there's a free shipping sale on your variety of choice (every few weeks).

Quote Originally Posted by King of the Jews View Post
    unless it provides a neverending supply of chalk, i dont think i would ever buy one. There is no subjectivity for personal preference and spending options. There is only one correct opinion, and it is mine.

What happens to the stand underwater? I could zip my bag and bring my chalk to Atlantis. I'll be laughing at you from 20,000 leagues, while you cling desperately to your stand of the shore.
    buoyancy dog. I'll be laughing at you on the surface.

speaking of expensive shit that is not needed, and no one (other than those hosting PL meets) should buy: Deadlift jacks.

Quote Originally Posted by King of the Jews View Post
    Please, have you seen this guy? He's got nothing on my 20lb-under-bodyweight-press. He doesnt even cardio or battle ropes. Plus, the water would fill the bowl and the weight would be unbearable. His best bet is to flip the stand, and press the bowl onto my ziploc (creating a vacuum/suction) and let follow me into a fortress of seamen. We will ride out the global flood, nourished by macros provided by the hordes of seamen...penis.
    jokes on you. I don't even chalk out of my chalk bowl. I use it as a feeding dish for my pet baby giraffe. Giffy (my giraffe) and I will be cruising in my submarine as you are dealing with trying to avoid the Atlantians 'seamen'.

Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    Seriosuly, have you guys seen a giraffe fight? I thought they were pretty weak overall as a species, but fuck me was i suprised when i saw it on tv... those long necks and bony skulls are like fucking morningstars or some other medieval application of hurlings blunt force trauma obsession.
    I can take a giraffe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahogany View Post
    I'd be more interested in something along these lines:

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...&pid=3571&cid=
    i was wondering if something like this existed ! i always used a 2.5 pound plate for this, but it was not ideal.

that said, $99 is the same order of magnitude as a full jack. much more compact of course.

i'm wondering though if the sharp edges would damage bumper plates ? if i was using metal plates i would probably pick it up.

if there was a bumper plate version made out of something like solid PVC and for $50 rather than $99 i would be more excited.

Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    Not like that you pervert (kudos for the sheer internal capacity though, i'm sure there's a nich somewhere to make big money with that!)!

It strikes me as odd-looking to have two exclamation marks sandwiching the parentheses like that, but the bracketed line is counted as part of the sentence and goes before the fina lpunctuation thingy, right?
    Hey - you are the one that brought up fucking morningstars.

sounds painful.

Quote Originally Posted by DRice311 View Post
    speaking of expensive shit that is not needed, and no one (other than those hosting PL meets) should buy: Deadlift jacks.
    by this logic you could say a barbell, even a used 20 year old York for $50 from Craigslist is expensive shit nobody should buy, except those competing in the Olympics. everybody else can just grab a really big rock and lift it in their backyard a few times a day.

come on now ! just because nobody needs it, doesn't mean nobody should buy it. there is a lot of shit nobody needs and everybody has, like a microwave. when i was growing up in Soviet Union i never had a microwave, and somehow i was fine. still everybody has one, and you wouldn't go around telling people they don't need it.

come on ...

These are excellent points that I never considered. I'll address them one at a time:

1) lifting heavy rocks is badass. See: Bill Kazmaier
    2) $50 for a York bar is not expensive. That is a hell of a deal.
    3) I can't cook my Hungryman dinners with 2.5 lb plates

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by G1981C View Post
    i was wondering if something like this existed ! i always used a 2.5 pound plate for this, but it was not ideal.

that said, $99 is the same order of magnitude as a full jack. much more compact of course.

i'm wondering though if the sharp edges would damage bumper plates ? if i was using metal plates i would probably pick it up.

if there was a bumper plate version made out of something like solid PVC and for $50 rather than $99 i would be more excited.
    Yeah, you're better off butchering a piece of 2 x 4.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast