starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Deadlift Bar Jack / Barbell Lifter

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by King of the Jews View Post
    what kind of primitive are you? a good ziploc is takes much abuse. I usually dont even zip mine closed, and it lay beneath a best belt, shoes, and my spud dip belt. I let several people at the gym use it, and its been fine for about 1 year.

I can slide my hand in real deep; in fact, I can fit two fists inside and enjoy the extreme dryness.
    One of these days, it'll get caught on the buckle of your Best Belt and then you'll have a fun mess to clean up. Tread lightly...

Quote Originally Posted by G1981C View Post
    i was wondering if something like this existed ! i always used a 2.5 pound plate for this, but it was not ideal.

that said, $99 is the same order of magnitude as a full jack. much more compact of course.

i'm wondering though if the sharp edges would damage bumper plates ? if i was using metal plates i would probably pick it up.

if there was a bumper plate version made out of something like solid PVC and for $50 rather than $99 i would be more excited.
    If you want something cheaper and smaller than a full jack - west cary barbell makes a mini jack that lifts one side at a time:

http://www.westcarybarbell.com/index...products_id=25

it's only $65, and obviously shipping would be much cheaper as well.

Quote Originally Posted by allent View Post
    I use a climbing gym chalk bag, because I wanted an excuse to buy a climbing gym chalk bag.
    my wife made me one for my birthday last year. It's camo, and it's awesome.

I use a climbing gym chalk bag, because I wanted an excuse to buy a climbing gym chalk bag.
    just looked these up... some of them look like the fanny-pack of weightlifting. I'd love to see the looks I'd get wearing it on your hip while you squat.

Default Deadlift Bar Jack / Barbell Lifter

I use a bouldering bag. It's bigger and has a flat bottom for sitting on the floor. Holds a buttload of chalk and cinches shut. Something like this:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005F3...pi=SL500_SS115

Edit: I guess I could have read the whole thread before replying.

starting strength coach development program
    sounds like an excuse to buy a welder and chop saw. I think I am going to make one of these. Probably cost about $30-40 in metal, at retail cost.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123