starting strength gym
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bumper Storage Tree

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    And an unboxing video.

You can get a version very similar to this from Titan for like $90. I picked one up and have close to 800 pounds stored on it and a bar. I ended up mounting it on heavy duty casters so I can roll it around the garage.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Illingworth View Post
    You can get a version very similar to this from Titan for like $90. I picked one up and have close to 800 pounds stored on it and a bar. I ended up mounting it on heavy duty casters so I can roll it around the garage.
    Yeah that's a pretty nice plate tree. It's probably not as heavy duty as one from a commercial brand though (e.g. Cybex, Hammer strength, Icarian/Precor, etc).

I'm not sure. To be honest, though, how heavy duty does it need to be in a home gym. I have six 25 kilo plates, six 20 kilo plates, and six 15 kilo plates hanging on it and one 20 kilo bar on mine. At 800 pounds of weight, that's more than I lift and is likely more than I'll ever lift.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Illingworth View Post
    I'm not sure. To be honest, though, how heavy duty does it need to be in a home gym. I have six 25 kilo plates, six 20 kilo plates, and six 15 kilo plates hanging on it and one 20 kilo bar on mine. At 800 pounds of weight, that's more than I lift and is likely more than I'll ever lift.
    Oh, I agree that it isn't necessary. I just prefer the feel and look of a commercial plate tree and I got one for $90 so I'm happy with mine.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234