starting strength gym

Thread: hypertrophy, bodybuilding, leaning out... etc.

Default hypertrophy, bodybuilding, leaning out... etc.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    fuck i feel like such a "bro" for writing a subject heading like that... but anyway, beach season is coming up, and i've got a pretty decent gut built up from this past winter's LP.

i like the "bodybuilding" lifting program you have posted previously... but is it possible to do something like that while doing some sort of conditioning to cut fat? how would you do that?

i want to get lean as hell FAST before the summer....

it's fine, everybody can make fun.... go ahead.

Shoot to maintain your strength or make slower progress. Dial in your diet. Add HIIT 2-3 times a week or incline walking on a treadmill 4-5 times per week for 45 min before breakfast. Simple.

You might switch to a 4 day split to afford you some time for additional bro-work after your heavy lift.

Curl on, brother.

At the risk of drawing the ire of, well, everyone, I like IF. If the goal is to maintain gainzZz and cut fat quickly, IF is a reasonable method of doing so for some people. I acknowledge that not everyone will tolerate it well.

Anecdotally, I set a rep PR in the press this week while on a 24 hr fast.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Horn View Post
    Shoot to maintain your strength or make slower progress. Dial in your diet. Add HIIT 2-3 times a week or incline walking on a treadmill 4-5 times per week for 45 min before breakfast. Simple.

You might switch to a 4 day split to afford you some time for additional bro-work after your heavy lift.

Curl on, brother.
    this seems to make perfect sense.

i have even started to try lp on bb curls after every lifting workout. doing 5x5's going up 5lbs a session until i stall. its pretty bro tastic. though not as brolicious as the guy next to me doing 1/4 movement single arm preacher curls with about 60lbs. he even had a ponytail to be hella bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Horn View Post
    Paul, HIIT I get, but what about walking the dog outside instead of the treadmill? Every time I get on my elliptical or rower he makes me feel guilty. Guess the question is, do you have a heart rate-type of recommendation for the AM LISS part?

I've got dogs as well, and I can tell you that our hour long walks consist of lots of stopping, sniffing, peeing, and such. Plus the terrain in our suburban neighborhood is flat with a few hills here and there. Those two factors make it difficult to maintain a steady pace that keeps the heart rate elevated in the same way you can do on a treadmill. I know some guys recommend using a weighted vest to solve this problem. But, don't worry about a target heart rate for this type of activity. Just keep it steady and what we call "non-panting." You should be moving quickly and working up a little sweat, but not going so hard you couldn't hold a conversation because you're sucking in air. My advice would be to do the HIIT 2-3x/week and then take your dogs out for a nice walk on the other days. Walking the dog is good for the soul.

starting strength coach development program
    That sounds about like our dog walks, except we have hills. Thanks, man. I'm trying to work on the HIIT and we'll pick up the pace a bit on the walks. Funny thing is, if traffic is slow enough to stay in the street, he walks or jogs right along with me. If we have to use the sidewalk he's off into the grass doing the sniffing/peeing thing. Dogs are good for the soul, period.