starting strength gym

Thread: Gyms in Miami at which I can complete my lifts?

Default Gyms in Miami at which I can complete my lifts?

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    I am going to be in Miami for a week May 5 - May 9 and would like to not miss a workout. Does anyone on the boards live in Miami and know of a gym at which I can get a day pass?

I just joined this gym. Great place, and I'm sure they're willing to accommodate. Nice people.

http://www.crossfitsoulmiami.com/

I hear there's a good place in midtown, but that's hearsay. What part of town will you be in? Feel free to contact me via email. Victorare at bellsouth.net

I had a similar question about finding a gym while traveling. Ive never been to a crossfit facility, are you able to just go in and do your own training or do they like force you to be part of a group fitness thing?

Just chill and enjoy the eye candy of south beach...

I bought an "open gym membership" which grants me access to all equipment, but no coaching or classes. I was told clearly upon joining that afternoon & evening classes have priority over open memberships (i.e. they don't expect to see me from 5pm-8pm), but the place is all mine in the mornings, which is my normal schedule anyway. I don't get the feeling I'd be told to go home if I tried to get some sets in after work on occasion, but it is clear that training and classes are the big part of their income.

i got a three day pass here last time i was in miami:
    http://www.equinox.com/clubs/southbeach
    couple cages, bumpers, deadlift platform, etc.

they have some deal if you buy a massage then you get the gym pass free. so i bought my wife a massage for xmas.

ps - LOTS of eye candy at this place.

starting strength coach development program
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I need to figure out where my hotel is in the city and what my schedule is but it will be great to get at least one workout done.