starting strength gym
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Race to 200kg/440lb squat (i.e. the other, lesser squat race)

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    My knee is in a general state of funk. The bloody bastard doesn't seem to realise there's a race on. Fuck.

Adam, I squatted 385x5 this morning...but you're like half my size and one of the few people here who could literally kick everyone's asses, so yes, quakes, tremors, etc.

Hey go easy on the knee, Mark. I hurt mine last year and it was nowhere near as gruesome as yours, and it still took me a long time to come back. For months my hips would slide over to the good leg during squats, and even know, my good leg is noticeably bigger than the bad, and on grinder reps, the hips still slide over. I found that the best thing for me was not squats but walking, running, and prowling. I have no idea why this was the case, but it seemed to remind my body that the bad leg was still there and should be used? Iono. This sounds super broscientific and like PT-talk, but hey, it's what happened. So what exactly is going on with your knee now?

Quote Originally Posted by James.Wierzba View Post
    In. Last workout 325lb 3x5 fairly easy.

365 x 5 with a few in the tank

soon

closing in...375 x 3 comments on form are welcome. I think im doing good but you never know. Bear in mind the camera is slanted due to what it was resting on, try and judge depth by the floor angle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTJv...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by norsman; 07-03-2014 at 06:29 PM.

Bit late, but I'm in. I posted last weeks 340 x 6 for a form check here. I squatted a very difficult 385 x 3 last night. I'll try 440 in about 6 weeks I think.

I just failed 385x5 today. I am sleeping my shame away. I want 440+ in competition in October. Have had 445 at the gym but for down reason my competition squat blows.

In on this. Most recent big squat was 180kg/396lb for 5 reps. Since then though have dropped about 5kg and suffered a hamstring injury. Slowly working hamstring with deadlifts so after few more weeks will try to see what I am doing.

My friend who does power lifting meets reckons my 180x5 equats to 209kg x 1 but Im sure its easier to type it into a calculator than stand there and lift it lol

390x5 is in the books as of earlier today. Was very hard though; I'm hoping to maintain the 5s and not have to do 2x3, 3x2, 5x1, etc. before crossing the 440 mark, but we'll see. In any case, I'm coming for you, Lidia Valentin...and Oxana Slivenko....and Boyanka Kostova....and all the other small girls in the world stronger than me.....:/

Got a date in mind for the 440 ?

starting strength coach development program
    Did 395x5 today so that idlehands doesn't get too big for his britches.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast