starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tuesday, June 10th, Deadlift PR Day

Post Tuesday, June 10th, Deadlift PR Day

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    A fellow lifter at work sent this out to all the other known lifters at our company. It was so good, I had to share it. Maybe you'll join in. I have only replaced our company's name with "Starting Strength." Our Declaration of Personal Records.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gentlemen,
    June 10, 2014.

The unanimous Declaration of the United Strength Athletes of Starting Strength.

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one Lifter to dissolve the previous personal records which have connected him with a lifting score total, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the Deadlift PR to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent progress to the increase of maximal strength development requires that they should demonstrate the advances which impel them to be Stronger.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all deadlifts are NOT created equal, that they are trained by their Lifter with certain undeniable elements, that among these are Intensity, Frequency, and the Recovery Between Training Sessions.

That to secure these elements, Programs are instituted among Lifters, deriving their set and rep schemes from the experience of those who lifted before them, That whenever any Program displays progress toward greater results, it is the Right of the Lifter to test its efficacy and to institute new Personal Records…

We, therefore, the Representatives of the United Strength Athletes of Starting Strength, in General Congress, Assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the Iron, do, in the Name, and by Authority of the good Lifters of these Barbells, solemnly publish and declare, That these united Strength Athletes are, and of Right ought to Set New Personal Records; that they are Absolved from all Previous Limitations, and that all connection between them and the Hurdles behind them, is and ought to be totally obliterated; and that as Free and Independent Strength Athletes, they have full Power to levy Massive Squats, conclude Perfect Bench Presses, contract Type IIb muscle fibers as rapidly as possible under maximal loads, establish Earth Shattering Deadlift PR’s, and to do all other Acts and Things which Independent Strength Athletes may of right do. And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Callouses, our Soreness and our sacred Blood and Chalk.

June 10, 2014
    Set a new Deadlift PR (Max or Rep-Max, doesn’t matter, just do something awesome)
    Last edited by Dave Paauwe; 05-09-2014 at 01:38 PM.

Sounds like fun to me.

I'm going to Deadlift/Power Clean Camp on June 8th with John Petrizzo & Nick D'Agostino. Not sure how heavy they're going to have us pull that day, but I might have to join the revolution a couple days early. Or a couple days late. But whatever, I'm in, in spirit, if not in June 10th Deadlift PR's.

One day too late.

Well do it Monday and just post it Tuesday. It's the Internet, how could we possibly know the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Paauwe View Post
    Well do it Monday and just post it Tuesday. It's the Internet, how could we possibly know the difference?
    Cuz I was joking? Have a drink, folks; it's the weekend.

Haha, I know, I was kidding too. It just reminded how anyone could post whatever results they wanted or even make up their entire lifting persona, which is funny to me.

Fun. That will be week 10 of my LP. I can guarantee a very unimpressive PR.

Also, I am not real.

Everyone ready for tomorrow? I don't know what to shoot for, just my normal linear progression weight, 5 reps of 355, or a single at something that should be withing relatively easy reach, say 375. I'm leaning towards a single.

starting strength coach development program
    Just noticed this. Love it. I have 345x8 planned for today.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast