starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift form check please

Default Deadlift form check please

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi all,

Following a recent squat check where I received some very useful advice, I'm hoping for something similar with my deadlift.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...t=video%2c.avi

Things I noticed
    -I could use a bit longer of squeezing up before pulling - it feels like I'm getting tight + pulling the slack out but the video seems like I'm just jerking it off the floor (reps 2 + 3 in particular)
    -Something odd is happening as the bar passes my knee - am I rebending at the knee or hitching or something? Not sure what's going on there, I don't feel it in person but again the video seems a bit off

As before, any thoughts on the above or anything else would be really appreciated. Once again thanks for all the effort on this forum!

Thanks, Chris.

I think you nailed it. Squeeze the bar up, don't jerk it. And, don't allow the knees to come under the bar as this lets you to unload some of the weight onto the quads. Other than that, you're good.

Thanks again Paul, I'll keep working at it.

Hi Paul. Would you mind taking a look at this video?

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...t=video%2c.avi

I believe that it's coming off the floor smoother now, what do you think?

I can see there's still some cheating going on as my knees get under the bar though, I'll keep working on that. I saw a vid in Kongs log recently where someone was saying "knees back", is that an appropriate cue for me here?

Looks nice off the floor. You can think about keeping your chest out over the bar a little longer, straightening out the knees, or keeping the knees back. Try different cues. Find the one that works for you.