starting strength gym
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone with a Rogue Power Rack, Would you do anything differently?

Default Anyone with a Rogue Power Rack, Would you do anything differently?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Im going to upgrade to a full power rack from a half rack set-up, and I'm looking at picking up an R3. I'd like to get any input from those who have already made the purchase.

Some specifics:

I'm going to bolt the unit to two sheets of plywood per some of the recommendations I've seen. Also, I'm going with the full size bolt together. The ceiling in my basement is 92 inches high, so I think with 90 inches plus two 3/4 inch sheets of plywood, I'll barely make it. Also, I'll be attaching the pull up bar vertically to the rear to fit under the joists. Is there anything wrong with this setup?

Anyone who has an R3 are you happy with the sturdiness of the unit? What about the performance of the safeties and other attachments? Does anyone have any regrets going this route?

I don't like Rogue racks.

The gym I work out of just spent close to $5000 for a Monster-Lite rig. I hate the beast. Quality is not even close to Legend, Sorinex, or Reflex.

The R3 gets rave reviews and will probably be fine for home use...but I'd save up and look elsewhere.

I have found the review guides on the garage-gyms website helpful, including their guide on power racks (they have several other review guides). It does cover most of the points that I would comment on. Maybe you will find it helpful also.

http://www.garage-gyms.com/power-rac...-stand-review/

Thanks,
    Devin

I prefer swing-in safeties to pin-pipe.

I prefer welded sides to bolt-together.

I prefer built in weight storage.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hanley View Post
    I don't like Rogue racks.

The gym I work out of just spent close to $5000 for a Monster-Lite rig. I hate the beast. Quality is not even close to Legend, Sorinex, or Reflex.

The R3 gets rave reviews and will probably be fine for home use...but I'd save up and look elsewhere.
    What are some of the things that you dislike about the Rogue racks?

Quote Originally Posted by allent View Post
    Something like, say, this?

I have a locally built cage essentially based off a Rogue R3. That cage I posted is what I would someday like to replace mine with, but I would also need to extend my platform, as I would be loosing a good foot for the included plate storage. Stupid crooked floor.

My cage has gotten almost two years of daily use and still looks brand new. I wobbles a bit when I do chins even bolted to the wood, but never to the point of feeling unstable. I have no regrets/second thoughts about getting or using the one I have.
    Yes, something like that. I forgot to mention that I like a docking bench, too. Here's my current cage- it's an open top Nebula.

Quote Originally Posted by Tygerqb12 View Post
    Im going to upgrade to a full power rack from a half rack set-up, and I'm looking at picking up an R3. I'd like to get any input from those who have already made the purchase.

Some specifics:

I'm going to bolt the unit to two sheets of plywood per some of the recommendations I've seen. Also, I'm going with the full size bolt together. The ceiling in my basement is 92 inches high, so I think with 90 inches plus two 3/4 inch sheets of plywood, I'll barely make it. Also, I'll be attaching the pull up bar vertically to the rear to fit under the joists. Is there anything wrong with this setup?

Anyone who has an R3 are you happy with the sturdiness of the unit? What about the performance of the safeties and other attachments? Does anyone have any regrets going this route?
    I have an S2 with competition bumpers and 3, 3/4 layers of plywood with a 1/4" of horsemats + finished plywood as the top, if I had the money and more room I would have went with Rips rack, but I wanted bumpers and with Rips rack the total would have been over $3000, later on in life when I have more money and room, I'll be getting a power rack, probably a whole new set because my roommate and I split the gym set on the rules that whoever keeps it pays the other the half they spent.

I have a Rogue wallmount infinity series. I am very happy with it, and there is a bunch of shit you can hang off of it. It is the best built equipment I have seen. However, I have never been to a good gym and have always lifted with shitty equipment and on cheap power racks. I haven't seen any high end stuff. My high school had a good weight room, but I don't remember the quality of the rack construction. Also, I ordered everything needed for a home gym from Rogue on Thursday and received it on the following Tuesday.

I also do pullups with my head going up between the joists.
    Last edited by Nate7out; 09-02-2014 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate7out View Post
    Also, I ordered everything needed for a home gym from Rogue on Thursday and received it on the following Tuesday.
    If you did a SWOT analysis, their logistics would be at the top of the Strength list.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    If you did a SWOT analysis, their logistics would be at the top of the Strength list.
    Mine came very quick also, I ordered on a Friday, and it was in South Jersey on Wednesday but for some reason UPS Freight didn't want to deliver it until the following Friday, but Rogue had my order picked,packed, and out the door to the carrier the same day I ordered it.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast