starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: YNDTP/Program not working

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    In addition to what everybody said about eating more. It looks like you started too heavy on almost every lift. Start light get your confidence up with the movements. The weight will get heavy soon enough, don't rush it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Schuant View Post
    That may not be necessary or desirable, and some people are fine with a certain amount of milk, after that things get squirty. I usually suggest, try 1 litre a day for a couple of weeks, if that causes no problems and you're getting stronger, keep it at 1lt, if there's no problems but you're not getting stronger, make it 2lt, and so on up to 4lt.

That plus a pound of meat a day and a stack of fruit and vegies.
    Alright, I already drink 2 lt, so I will bump it up another.

Quote Originally Posted by luke.conrad View Post
    In addition to what everybody said about eating more. It looks like you started too heavy on almost every lift. Start light get your confidence up with the movements. The weight will get heavy soon enough, don't rush it.
    So do you think it would be worth it to deload most of my lifts? I deloaded the squat to 160, 2 workouts ago and the I have made it to 170 after the 2 workouts. Bar speed is slowing down though.

You have not made a solid run on any of your lifts. I would go in the gym and act like it is your first day running Starting Strength. Find your starting weight as described in Starting Strength. Be conservative!

Also read this http://www.barbellmedicine.com/train...strength-make/

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by rmahmad View Post
    I guess where I went wrong was assuming I was at a good weight...which apparently I'm not. Thanks for your help guys!
    According to Berkhan, you are at a good weight, but you are weak. If you want to be lean and strong, train like it (which means eating). When you can squat 400 for reps and deadlift 500 for reps, then you can worry about being lean. Until then, eat your food, drink your milk (if necessary) and add weight to the bar. In 2-3 years or so, you can start worrying about abs. But my guess is once you realize what it means to truly be strong, you won't care...
    Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by crookedfinger View Post
    According to Berkhan, you are at a good weight, but you are weak. If you want to be lean and strong, train like it (which means eating). When you can squat 400 for reps and deadlift 500 for reps, then you can worry about being lean. Until then, eat your food, drink your milk (if necessary) and add weight to the bar. In 2-3 years or so, you can start worrying about abs. But my guess is once you realize what it means to truly be strong, you won't care...
    Good luck!
    Thanks man! This is what I needed to hear.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by luke.conrad View Post
    You have not made a solid run on any of your lifts. I would go in the gym and act like it is your first day running Starting Strength. Find your starting weight as described in Starting Strength. Be conservative!

Also read this http://www.barbellmedicine.com/train...strength-make/

Good luck!

Thanks man! I am restarting and finding my working weights as prescribed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12