starting strength gym

Thread: How many of you push the Prowler

Default How many of you push the Prowler

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    How many of you in your mid 50s push the prowler?

I can not sprint anymore and so I am only able to walk it.

I am thinking about going to an Airdyne for conditioning and was thinking about rotating them.

I will go through periods where I'll push the prowler. I walk it for 2 x 100' unweighted for a warmup and then progressively add weight. I'll sprint it after the warmup and usually will do 6 - 8 intervals. I take it to a nearby parking lot so it is a pain to load it and the weight plates in the car, drive over there, unload it, etc.

I bought a prowler recently, tried it for 3-4 Times', after my regular training. It feels lika a great tool, but this time of year its dark, cold and muddy on my dirtroad outside my house. It gets dark around 3.30 pm. So I hate it. I did around 4-6 times 20-30 sec with 40kg. The first time I was totally smashed after it. But recovered rather quickly. I start again when spring and the light comes. I rather take walks until then.

No, but I have to push larger versions of these up and down the damn trailer. Does that count?

Attached Images Attached Images

I am 54 and for awhile was pushing prowler at end of most workouts about 400 lbs for 40 yds x 4. A real good closer. Think I will go back to it.

I’m 56, bought one a couple of months ago, and push it 2 times a week. I have a large basement (50’ run) and do it indoors. Love it, but would not use it nearly as often if I had to find a parking lot or something, particularly in the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by 57bergstrm View Post
    I bought a prowler recently, tried it for 3-4 Times', after my regular training. It feels lika a great tool, but this time of year its dark, cold and muddy on my dirtroad outside my house. It gets dark around 3.30 pm. So I hate it. I did around 4-6 times 20-30 sec with 40kg. The first time I was totally smashed after it. But recovered rather quickly. I start again when spring and the light comes. I rather take walks until then.
    Same here...

I built my own but have no paved area to use it on the farm and my grassy area is too soft from all the rain. Will use it again when it dries up some as I really seem to be putting body weight on this winter.

crappy northeast weather plus the fact that my gym shares a parking lot with a boat yard and all the yachts are in the parking lot now, the prowler has been put on hold. I love the prowler. I started back up with farmers walk...that we do indoors!

starting strength coach development program
    I have never even seen a prowler.