starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift Form Check

Default Deadlift Form Check

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    Hello,

Finally making some progress since my injury (upper hamstring bursitis). I'm on advanced SS and I've actually gotten longer than when I did TM the last time (one and a half years ago.. bursitis is a bitch!). This set was quite heavy and I'm wondering how far I can run SS.

- I had some problems on the last rep and I did round my back quite a bit, didn't set my back as much as I'd like to. Is the rounding too much? First time I'm shaking like this on a deadlift set.

- I noticed that I'm a little bit aggressive when setting my back. It does seem like I'm dropping my hips too much, right?

Feedback appreciated!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC8f9_LObIg

190 kg / 419 lbs x 5

You are correct that dropping your butt like that only causes you to have to get the bar back over the midfoot and perform some other adjustments which rob you of tightness. Just get in place and squeeze up without dropping the hips. You hold your low back together reasonably well. On your last rep, you have a little rounding of the upper back, but nothing worrisome. Don't be afraid to eat a sandwich or two.

Thanks! Right, I'll make sure to not drop my hips.
    Regarding my weight, yes, I lost some weight during my rehab period. I'm 183 lbs at 5'8", sure I'm gaining weight, but it's not like GOMAD is necessary at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by Mizypt View Post
    Thanks! Right, I'll make sure to not drop my hips.
    Regarding my weight, yes, I lost some weight during my rehab period. I'm 183 lbs at 5'8", sure I'm gaining weight, but it's not like GOMAD is necessary at this point?
    Probably not. However, milk can certainly be part of your diet. The thing to remember with GOMAD is that you need to be underweight, you need to be training really hard, you need work up to it and stay there for as long as it is useful, and then back off. Many people think they need to to immediately start drinking a gallon of milk, where before they were drinking none, while squatting less than 100 pounds. The outcomes from that are less favorable.