Starting Strength Coaches Association Series: Exercise Science 2014 Starting Strength Coaches Association Series: Exercise Science 2014

starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: Starting Strength Coaches Association Series: Exercise Science 2014

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,441

    Default Starting Strength Coaches Association Series: Exercise Science 2014

    Each year the Science Committee sifts through the literature to identify publications for the SSCs to read and analyze as a part of their Maintenance of Certification requirement. They obtain this material from the peer-reviewed literature, as well as books, videos, and other fascinating sources of information pertinent to the trade. This is part one of four.

    Lecture recorded at the Starting Strength Coaches Association Conference, October 2014.


    Part I
    Part II
    Part III
    Part IV
    Last edited by stef; 02-20-2015 at 03:20 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    19

    Default

    "Reagan was president, so people were dumb."

    That's where I stopped watching. I'm not going to listen to some asshole gratuitously inserting his political biases into a discussion about strength training.

    [NB: Please note that neither StartingStrength.com nor the Starting Strength Coaches Association are run like a modern American university. We don't have speech codes and we still appreciate humor. -stef]
    Last edited by stef; 02-20-2015 at 03:26 PM. Reason: addition of explanatory note for the benefit of Harcourt and others

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Farmington Hills, MI
    Posts
    4,592

    Default

    Excellent decision. You wouldn't have learned anything, anyway.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Illinois-"Chicagoland"
    Posts
    4,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harcourt View Post
    "Reagan was president, so people were dumb."

    That's where I stopped watching. I'm not going to listen to some asshole gratuitously inserting his political biases into a discussion about strength training.
    No one who disagrees with you on politics can possibly have anything worthwhile to say?

    Sully is awfully smart, and if you don't watch, it's your loss.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    514

    Default

    C'mon, we're all just having fun here, no? I thought it was a good line.

    This is the sort of colorful commentary that makes these presentations such a pleasure to watch. Otherwise, they'd be so... sterile.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl Schudt View Post
    No one who disagrees with you on politics can possibly have anything worthwhile to say?
    He is welcome to disagree with me on politics as much as he pleases. But there's a place for that, and it isn't in presentation of papers on strength training. If he's half as goddam smart as you think he is, he should understand that.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Farmington Hills, MI
    Posts
    4,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harcourt View Post
    He is welcome to disagree with me on politics as much as he pleases. But there's a place for that, and it isn't in presentation of papers on strength training. If he's half as goddam smart as you think he is, he should understand that.
    Oh, wow. I never realized.

    There is a place for "disagreeing" with you (about whatever it is that you imagine I disagree with you about). And I don't understand what that place is.

    But you do.

    And while you haven't told us where that place is, you have told us where it is not--my own presentation of my own work product in front of my own colleagues (who all giggled, not because it was a lighthearted aside offered in a spirit of fun, mind you, but because everybody else in the room also "disagreed" with you...without realizing it wasn't the place for that).

    Okay. I think I got it now.

    By golly, you have taught me a valuable lesson in Life.



    You're going to do very, very well on this forum.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Morristown, NJ, USA
    Posts
    12,363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathon Sullivan View Post
    Oh, wow. I never realized.

    There is a place for "disagreeing" with you (about whatever it is that you imagine I disagree with you about). And I don't understand what that place is.

    But you do.

    And while you haven't told us where that place is, you have told us where it is not--my own presentation of my own work product in front of my own colleagues (who all giggled, not because it was a lighthearted aside offered in a spirit of fun, mind you, but because everybody else in the room also "disagreed" with you...without realizing it wasn't the place for that).

    Okay. I think I got it now.

    By golly, you have taught me a valuable lesson in Life.



    You're going to do very, very well on this forum.
    I'm sensing a bit of sarcasm and/or condescension here. Is this the place for that?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathon Sullivan View Post
    my own presentation of my own work product [/SIZE]
    If you think that insulting people who voted for Reagan is a "presentation of your own work product" on strength training, then you're an even bigger asshole than you appear to be.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Farmington Hills, MI
    Posts
    4,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Skillin View Post
    I'm sensing a bit of sarcasm and/or condescension here. Is this the place for that?
    Well, I am an asshole.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •