starting strength gym
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Why ever train beltless?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    And here I though Art Vandalay was aspiring to be a latex salesman.
    Haha, that too! A man of many talents. Speaking of, you should meet my friend Bob Sacamano...

This was a good thread -- I had a long-lived misconception about belts until now.

Sacamano...isn't he from New Jersey?

It's amazing how the misperceptions about belts continue to prevent people from getting stronger.

Not to hijack the thread but...

Should knee sleeves be treated differently than the belt, as far as whether they help with training?

This has gone far enough! Art Vandelay isn't a latex salesman. George Costanza applied as a latex salesman at Vandelay Industries (who's phone rang at Jerry's apartment) in order to satisfy an unemployment compensation requirement. Bob Sacramento wasn't Art's friend. He was Kramer's friend, whom no one ever met, except presumably Jerry, when Kramer and he switched apartments because the neon light from Kenny Rodger's Roasters prevented Kramer from sleeping. Grrr!

Quote Originally Posted by Clay Simczyk View Post
    This has gone far enough! Art Vandelay isn't a latex salesman. George Costanza applied as a latex salesman at Vandelay Industries (who's phone rang at Jerry's apartment) in order to satisfy an unemployment compensation requirement. Bob Sacramento wasn't Art's friend. He was Kramer's friend, whom no one ever met, except presumably Jerry, when Kramer and he switched apartments because the neon light from Kenny Rodger's Roasters prevented Kramer from sleeping. Grrr!
    Come on Clay. If you're gonna get it right, get it ALL right. Art Vandelay was George's catch-all fake everything. Art was an architect, originally, but also the Eponymous head of Vandelay Industries, for whom George claimed to apply for work as a latex salesman. Yada yada yada...and then he shows up as the actual judge when the Fantastic Four are put on trial in the series finale.
    Last edited by Michael Wolf; 04-15-2015 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    ...Vandalay Industries, for whom George claimed to apply for work as a latex salesman.
    I think that's what I said. I forgot about the judge though. I choose as my punishment... The Prowler!

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Bo View Post
    Not to hijack the thread but...

Should knee sleeves be treated differently than the belt, as far as whether they help with training?
    Depends on the knee sleeves and the purpose for using them in the first place. If you're a competitive powerlifter using super-tight SBD's to get 15 more pounds out of your squats, the answer to this question will be different than if you're a general strength trainee with creaky knees that feel better with moderately tight sleeves to keep them warm.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    Come on Clay. If you're gonna get it right, get it ALL right. Art Vandelay was George's catch-all fake everything. Art was an architect, originally, but also the Eponymous head of Vandalay Industries, for whom George claimed to apply for work as a latex salesman. Yada yada yada...and then he shows up as the actual judge when the Fantastic Four are put on trial in the series finale.
    Haha, I am getting a kick out of this. I thought I could throw in a Bob Sacamano reference succinctly without inserting more detail, but apparently not!

Also, I think both of you are assuming that more has not transpired since the finale. How do we know that Jerry and Bob never became friends?

Quote Originally Posted by Clay Simczyk View Post
    I think that's what I said. I forgot about the judge though. I choose as my punishment... The Prowler!
    Prowler punishment is accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by artvandalay View Post
    Haha, I am getting a kick out of this. I thought I could throw in a Bob Sacamano reference succinctly without inserting more detail, but apparently not!

Also, I think both of you are assuming that more has not transpired since the finale. How do we know that Jerry and Bob never became friends?
    Because Bob Sacamano was from (and presumably still lives) in NJ, and Seinfeld would never go to NJ.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Skillin View Post
    Depends on the knee sleeves and the purpose for using them in the first place. If you're a competitive powerlifter using super-tight SBD's to get 15 more pounds out of your squats, the answer to this question will be different than if you're a general strength trainee with creaky knees that feel better with moderately tight sleeves to keep them warm.
    It's the latter, I tried them on for the first time this week as a possible solution for my knee pain. I was pretty surprised at how stiff they were, since I heard they were there to keep the knees warm.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234