starting strength gym

Thread: Nike Romaleos 3 - How do they hold up?

Default Nike Romaleos 3 - How do they hold up?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi guys

I recently bought some Nike Romaleos which came up in a new year sale. They seem to fit well, but they feel quite light and fragile in the hand compared to my existing Adidas Power Perfect 2's which has made me question if they will stand up to regular use.

They have been around for quite a while now, so can anyone comment on their longer term durability? I've seen quite a few reports of ripped tongues which can hopefully be avoided with care?

I've not lifted in them yet so have the option to return for a refund.

Thanks

I’d like to know who they fit compared to the Romaleos 2. I have a wide foot and the 2s for well. I’m not a big fan of the second strap on the 2s. And I would think the fly wire on the 3s would be nice.

...how they fit. Not who”. This site really needs the ability for quick edits to posts.

My girlfriend has been lifting in hers three times a week since July and they are still in great shape. She loves them.

Thanks for the feedback, if anyone else has anything to add I'd be interested to hear from you. I think I saw Jordan had ripped the tongue on his recently.

Regarding the fit I've only tried them on once briefly so far due to other commitments this week. First impressions were that they felt notably thinner than my adidas power perfect 2's and therefore offered me a little more support round the sides of my foot. I think (but don't know) the PP2's are in turn narrower than the Romaleos 2.

I'm happy to report back once I've had a chance to spend a bit more time trying them out.