starting strength gym
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Half rack vs power rack

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I've got the same rack Skillin has. I'm pretty sure it's 14ga? Maybe? Or is it 12ga? I'm not all that sure now that I think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by iamsmuts View Post
    I had a powerline PPR200X. It was 14 gauge steel.
    Nope, it's 12g.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Nope, it's 12g.
    Really? That changes things.

Quote Originally Posted by iamsmuts View Post
    I had a powerline PPR200X. It was 14 gauge steel. I never squatted over 330 in it, but it didn't seem close to its limits. It was perfectly fine for a while. I wouldn't buy it again given that the Titan is close to the same price and so much better. But I doubt it would have crumpled if I dropped the bar on the pins. It felt very stable. Then again, I never dropped the bar from up high. There is someone else I saw on the forums squatting in the mid 400's on the powerline. I can't recall the name. If your rack is similar (and it looks very similar), it's not a death trap for someone squatting under 4 plates. For $80 or whatever, I don't think you did bad. But you should save up and get something better. And something much better is just $400 away. (It was just $320 away. It's a little further now. But you can make that $80 back on CL. I'm sure.)
    Something better is definitely not far off. I just couldn't resist with plates at the house already and a B&R 2.0 on the way. No dropping here, if I fail a squat it's usually because I can't get out of the hole. As with anything, I'll increase slowly and back off if I ever feel uneasy about the weight on the rack. Time to make some extra space in the garage.

Quote Originally Posted by amsgator View Post
    I've got the same rack Skillin has. I'm pretty sure it's 14ga? Maybe? Or is it 12ga? I'm not all that sure now that I think about it.
    I'm pretty sure it's 12.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Skillin View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's 12.
    The basic Titan? Yes, it's 12g.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234