As anyone who has ever owned or tried on a pair of Metal's powerlifting shoe knows that it's pretty annoying in the regards of the negative heel lift that the shoe has. While this is probably good for wide stance, equipped squatting; I have no interest in either and mostly just use them to deadlift. I was about to have the heel taken off of one of my old weightlifting shoes when I occurred to me I could just lift those a little and they would be perfect. So I went to Walmart and bought a pair of inserts with a hard plastic heel cup. I ripped the plastic heel cup off and threw the insoles away and tried them in the Metals. Bam flat if not a little bit of a lift with no added padding. After that I pulled out the original insoles, put the plastic heel cup in, and secured it in place with a piece of duct tape. Works really well and had I never worn the shoes before I would not have known otherwise.

Additionally, the shoe laces that come with the shoes are shit and entirely too long. They were already broken so I replaced them with some kiwi boot laces at like 43" or 45" I don't remember and now I no longer have to tuck them in to lift.