starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Airdyne bike purchase?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Agilic View Post
    Thanks all for feedback.

I found this deal about 30m from me...apparently it's a Schwinn Airdyne Comp which he claims is from early 2000s, American made, and was $1200 new. He doesn't want to go any less than $300. Should I jump on it rather than say a brand new AD2 shipped for $400?

Airdyne Bike Great Condition Commercial Model

How far are you willing to travel? There's a reseller a little north of Baltimore area that always has some. I bought one a while back. He's retired from a bike shop or something. He refurbs them, does pretty good work. I think this is why there are basically never cheap ones around here, pretty sure he buys them all to resell. Here's one of them
    Schwinn Airdyne exercise bike

The Assault Bike has gone on sale twice on Amazon and once on Rogue. Just last month it went on sale at Amazon for $700. I posted the sale on the Assault Bike thread. This is nearing a good price. I got it for $750. If I paid $1000, I'd have regrets, the kind I simply don't have for paying the same amount for the C2 Rower. The Rower is a better and more versatile piece of equipment. If I had to choose, I'd take the rower any day.

The bike is much better for the short HIIT that people around here do. 20 seconds on the bike is punishing in a way that 20 seconds on the rower just can't be. But if you ever want to do anything much longer, the bike would be absurd.

The Assault Bike is very sturdy. The only questionable thing is the seat assembly. Mine is not perfectly straight. I can't feel it, but I can see it and it makes me angry. I cannot break the bike. I weight 210. I've only gotten to 109 rpm on the damn thing. That required standing a bit. The bike didn't flinch.

If you have huge, > size 14 feet, I can see how your heal might hit the rear brace on the bike. I wear 11 1/2 to 12 and I'm fine.

I got the bike as a birthday present after I couldn't find a decent AD4 on CL for a reasonable price. I looked for a few months. I think there's too much crossfit around here to find these kinds of deals. . . . I didn't trust or want to look at the plastic on the AD2. And the AD6 has bad reviews. So there weren't many other options. In a year or two, I think the Assault Bikes will be selling for $600. That would be reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by ryand View Post
    How far are you willing to travel? There's a reseller a little north of Baltimore area that always has some. I bought one a while back. He's retired from a bike shop or something. He refurbs them, does pretty good work. I think this is why there are basically never cheap ones around here, pretty sure he buys them all to resell. Here's one of them
    Thanks for the info. Unfortunately not able to take a trip over there any time soon.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by ryand View Post
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread. I'm picking up an AD2 from a seller tomorrow, it might need a few things to get it going right. Do you have an idea of how to reach this guy? I'm in Baltimore county.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12