starting strength gym

Thread: Second squat form check

Default Second squat form check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hello coaches,

Posting a second form check. Here was my first: SS155 - YouTube

Advice given was to slow down descent and cut depth. After some time of being busy and not having the ability to go to the gym, I've decided to decrease the weight and attempt to improve the form before progressing. Also, in addition to what was pointed out to me, I noticed that my knees were moving forward continuously throughout the lift, so I've tried to address that as well. Would appreciate some feedback, thx.

sqt - YouTube

Those are too deep. Try and squat above parallel. Also, before posting another form check you must read the sticky in full.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    Those are too deep. Try and squat above parallel. Also, before posting another form check you must read the sticky in full.
    Assuming the problem with the post is the poor lighting and not-ideal camera angle, noted.

Ok. Will aim to squat above parallel and hopefully hit proper depth. I'm a terrible judge of how low I'm going.

IMG 2180TrimTrim - YouTube

First rep felt too deep, so I cut depth off the rest of the set, apparently to various degrees. Last one felt way too high, so that just might be the proper depth.

Those didn't look bad. Make your descent a little smoother. You are kind of free falling through the middle and catching yourself at the bottom. Depth was decent, however. You will like weightlifting shoes, too.

starting strength coach development program
    Will work on that next. Thx for the advice! I've ordered the do-wins from rogue last week, excited to get them soon.