starting strength gym
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SS lifters in Washington D.C.

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Laidbackzack View Post
    Yeah, you most definitely should. It's the best gym I've found in the Arlington area. They have ample bumper plates, allow chalk, and have no issue with dropping oly lifts. Longest I've waited on a super crowded weeknight is ~5-10 min for a rack/platform.
    I went to check out the Gold's Gym this morning, and it was surprisingly awesome! I think I'm going to go there either Monday or Tuesday morning and get a workout in. I'm not sure what days you go, but maybe we could plan to get there around the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by FEAR_is_POWER_is_FEAR View Post
    I went to check out the Gold's Gym this morning, and it was surprisingly awesome! I think I'm going to go there either Monday or Tuesday morning and get a workout in. I'm not sure what days you go, but maybe we could plan to get there around the same time.
    Good choice, man! It's a solid gym. Unfortunately, I train in the evenings. Interested in training Sunday? If not, maybe next weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by Laidbackzack View Post
    Good choice, man! It's a solid gym. Unfortunately, I train in the evenings. Interested in training Sunday? If not, maybe next weekend?
    Hey man, sorry I didn't response sooner. I recently started working overnights, and I have been going to the gym in the morning when I got off around 6am. With a baby due any day now, and my sleep pattern kind of messed up, I've been tinkering with the training w/o a plan template from Andy Baker. I did get a workout in a Gold's today, and I was very happy with the facility. Thanks again for the recommendation. Maybe one of these weekends we can meet for a workout over there.

Glad to hear it. I'm sure having a kid will make consistent training more difficult. I'll message you my #. Feel free to shoot me a text when you have a few hours free on a weekend. Happy to get together.

Reviving this thread. Did people ever succeed in meeting up to train? Anyone want to try again? I am the OP, living in SW DC, training at Capitol Sport and Health at 315 G Street SE.

Tom

My family and I are moving to Alexandria at the end of July, and while I should have access to a gym around the corner from our new apartment, it would be nice to meet up with whomever is up for it.

I'm planning on taking a trip up to 5X3 in BMore at some point, both because they are awesome and because a college friend of mine started training there too.

Quote Originally Posted by tompaynter View Post
    Reviving this thread. Did people ever succeed in meeting up to train? Anyone want to try again? I am the OP, living in SW DC, training at Capitol Sport and Health at 315 G Street SE.

Tom
    I'm in Alexandria, train at the Gold's on Glebe in Arlington. Definitely game for a get-together.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Goldstein View Post
    My family and I are moving to Alexandria at the end of July, and while I should have access to a gym around the corner from our new apartment, it would be nice to meet up with whomever is up for it.

I'm planning on taking a trip up to 5X3 in BMore at some point, both because they are awesome and because a college friend of mine started training there too.
    Where in Alexandria? I'm certainly game for training together, or just grabbing a beer.

Quote Originally Posted by UMRebelCJ View Post
    Where in Alexandria? I'm certainly game for training together, or just grabbing a beer.
    Did someone say beer?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by UMRebelCJ View Post
    I'm in Alexandria, train at the Gold's on Glebe in Arlington. Definitely game for a get-together.
    Well, scratch that. My gym just banned bags. So now I'm in the market for a new gym.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast