starting strength gym
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: SS lifters in Washington D.C.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I live in Crystal City and work for the Senate Tom. Went to one of the camps in Baltimore, plan to do the full seminar at some point this year.

I work in the Senate and live in Crystal City - would love to connect with folks in the area.

I live in the Fairfax County area right outside of D.C. - would love to connect with other lifters.

Ray Gillenwater is offline Administrator, Starting Strength Gyms
    Starting Strength Coach

We’re looking closely at DC for a Starting Strength Gym. Will post here when we find the right candidate and establish a timeline. In the meanwhile, I feel for you! Hoping most of you live in the suburbs and can train at a home gym instead of 24 Hour Fitness.

Does the Senate still have that little gym in the Hart SOB? Used to use that back in the day before I ended up in the trades.

Making Golds Gym in Lorton work for right now; almost crushed a dude when he tried to sneak in and grab some plates off the power rack while I was squatting down, among other near misses. But making it work.

I lift at Crunch Fitness in Tysons. Works well enough ...

...but I admit to fantasizing about launching a SS gym in the area. Not sure how realistic that is for a few reasons: 1) I'm still in NLP, though probably getting closer to intermediate phase with at least my presses; 2) I'm not a certified SSC; and 3) financing might not be possible with college right around the corner for my kids. But a man can dream! Maybe someday.

In meantime, I will hope a SS gym opens here someday soon.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSzabo View Post
    Making Golds Gym in Lorton work for right now; almost crushed a dude when he tried to sneak in and grab some plates off the power rack while I was squatting down, among other near misses. But making it work.
    I’m in NVA often. Usually Woodbridge. The Golds there (east side of Rt1) has squat racks, a deadlift platform, round plates, and allows chalk. The benches suck. But otherwise serviceable.

In DC, the Marriott Marquis has a large gym with squat rack, a few horrible bars, and round plates.

I may take a few year assignment back east (dc/nva) so I’m up for a real gym.

Looking forward to an SS gym in this area. I’m in Fairfax County, currently deciding between 24 hour fitness or lifetime fitness.

starting strength coach development program
    I live in DC - Shaw area, and I am very supportive of having a SS gym in the area. Happy to help with setting it up!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast