Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: SS lifters in Washington D.C.

Ray Gillenwater is offline Administrator, Starting Strength Gyms
    Starting Strength Coach

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by moar_strength View Post
    I live in DC - Shaw area, and I am very supportive of having a SS gym in the area. Happy to help with setting it up!
    We've had some interest from prospective franchise owners in DC, but we haven't found the right fit quite yet. I'm guessing we'll have a gym there within 18 months - the numbers are too strong to ignore. #5 in the nation in terms of hits to StartingStrength.com with ~56k in the last 12 months. It's just under Dallas, LA, New York, and Chicago in terms of web traffic.

starting strength coach development program
    I'm in the Woodbridge/Manassas/Dale City triangle. Got myself set up in my basement with a fairly well-equipped home gym. Working well for me, and I've managed to invite a few friends over for some really early NLP trials - getting body position and movement patterns down solid for one of the guys who has never lifted in his life. Been doing this since mid-May, and I'm making good progress on getting more weight on bar. Maybe someday will pursue a SSC certification, but not planning on opening a gym as my own business.

But, if a SSC affiliate gym was to open in the area, I might be convinced to join up. Fairfax County could be do-able, especially if it's in the Burke/Chantilly area. Tysons area is a non-starter as I have no intent of voluntarily getting into that traffic nightmare - LOL!

There's a Golds about 3 miles away, in the Lake Ridge area. I was a member years ago ...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567