starting strength gym
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SS lifters in Washington D.C.

Default SS lifters in Washington D.C.

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hello all,

Not sure where to post this, but I'm interested in meeting other SS trainees in Washington D.C. This training is tough and for me has been mostly solitary. I'd like to meet some like-minded people for a workout or just a beer. I live in SW Washington pretty close to downtown and work out at Capitol Sport and Health on 3rd SE.

Tom

I am in Southern Maryland about an hour south of DC. I am not familiar with gyms in DC. There are two Starting Strength gyms in Maryland (Westminster Strength & Conditioning + FiveX3 Training). I have been to Westminster Strength & Conditioning for a SS Seminar and a SS Meet. It is a great gym with so many racks and bars. I have also heard good things about Supreme Sports Performance & Training in Rockville, MD.

Quote Originally Posted by tompaynter View Post
    Hello all,

Not sure where to post this, but I'm interested in meeting other SS trainees in Washington D.C. This training is tough and for me has been mostly solitary. I'd like to meet some like-minded people for a workout or just a beer. I live in SW Washington pretty close to downtown and work out at Capitol Sport and Health on 3rd SE.

Tom
    Tom and all my NOVA and DC SS people! I would enjoy meeting up for a workout or beer, preferably both! Your gym is about 35 minutes from my place. I work out at One Life in Burke but just set up a platform and R3 rack in the basement. Anyone in the area is welcome to stop by for a workout!

Small area but enough for all the lifts. Would be awesome to train with another SSer. I'm in Kings Park, off Braddock Road in Springfield.

platform - Google Drive

I also live down in Springfield, near the Springfield mall. I train up at 5 Rings Fitness in Falls Church, with a few other guys who are on an INT type SS program. It's a pretty good atmosphere up there.

Would love to get together for a lifting session and/or beer as well!

That's a nice home setup, Ultarn!

I live in DC and I am metro-dependent, making both Springfield Falls Church a bit of a haul but doable, and Burke pretty difficult (2 trains + bus). My gym is supposed to charge a guest fee (can't recall amount, $10-$20), but the one time I brought a guest they did not charge him. If you guys work in the city my gym might be a good option, after work one day.

What do you think?

Yea, that home gym setup is pretty awesome!

I work in Alexandria, so it would be about a 20 min Uber ride from my office to the Capitol Health Gym. I'm down for that one day after work. I'm not sure what everyone's workout split is like, I'm currently doing m/w/f, with some conditioning on Saturday morning, but if Saturday is better for everyone maybe we could make that work as well. Might be easier to get around using metro or uber on the weekend.

5rings in falls church charges a $10 drop-in fee, if anyone wanted to train there.

I'm a bit further south in Fredericksburg, but I train out of my garage too! Open 24/7 and the membership rates are primo

Moorefoodnow, that is also a sweet garage setup! Do you have other people near you that you train with?

Quote Originally Posted by FEAR_is_POWER_is_FEAR View Post
    Moorefoodnow, that is also a sweet garage setup! Do you have other people near you that you train with?
    I don't have anyone I train with actively, no. I have a coworker who I'm training that comes from time to time but mostly I have it to myself!

starting strength coach development program
    Arlington, VA guy here! Work in D.C. Would love to meet other SSers in the area.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast