starting strength gym

Thread: Coach or buddy for a elderly novice female in Rochester, MN?

Default Coach or buddy for a elderly novice female in Rochester, MN?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    My dear mother lives in Rochester, Minnesota. She is 64 and suffers from bursitis in the hip and chronic neck and shoulder pain. She's been doing "core," machines, and the elliptical; also, some PT told her to WALK for exercise, if you can believe that, but the hip pain is getting prohibitive. She's interested in learning the barbell lifts, and obviously barbell training could make a huge difference to her health and happiness.

I live in California, so I'm not there to show her the lifts. I don't think she's ever touched a barbell before. Her gym is the Dan Abraham, where I know they have decent equipment, but I don't know what the trainers there are like.

Does anyone know a good trainer or coach or workout buddy for my mother? I have ordered The Book for her. If necessary, she can go to a different gym. I can help finance any $ type situation if someone will teach her how to squat, deadlift, and press correctly.

Don't know about coaches, but order the Barbell Prescription book as well. The nearest SSC looks to be 2 hours away, she should make a day trip.

contact Nick Klemetson, he's listed in Waverly, but I believe he is ocassionally in MN.

Did you ever find someone? I am a Nsca-cscs and Acsm-Cpt. But more importantly I have found Ss in the last few months.
    Travis