starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift form check 370x5

Default Deadlift form check 370x5

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024

Firstly, everything about this takes too long. I am pretty much done with my set of five deadlifts by the time you break the bar off the ground. You also spend too long in existential reflection between each repetition. This will increase your fatigue. Aside from getting on with things more quickly, I want you to work hard on holding your low back together a little better. As you break the bar off the ground, you immediately let your low back round and your shins kick the bar forward. You lift your chest when this happens, too. Instead, hold the low back in extension and drag the bar up the legs. Doing so will probably necessitate taking a few pounds off the bar, but learning to hold your low back flat is worth it. Marcel the Shell would agree.

Thanks Tom (and Marcel)

gave it another go with 365

365x5 Deadlift - YouTube

if nothing else I sped up the overall set. You were 100% right tho. I didnt feel as fatigued after my set. Usually I feel like death after my deadlift sets. Not to say I didnt feel fatigued at all, it just seemed a lot less.

Nice pulls, man. Reps 2, 4, and 5 were textbook. On those reps, you pushed the floor the away and held your fairly flat. In general, you are in better spinal extension here. On reps 1 and 3, you lifted your chest first. Think of pushing the floor away while maintaining a flat back. Very good work. Carry on.

thanks!