starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to Push the Prowler

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Sorry for bringing this old thread up. In the video, Rip says to walk the prowler, upright. The article 'death by prowler' discusses timed sprints.

Is the 'walk only' an update, kind of like the press 2.0?

Quote Originally Posted by mpalios View Post
    Is the 'walk only' an update, kind of like the press 2.0?
    No, you can do different things. Also, the "walk only" is Rip's recommendation, applied in the context of that video, nothing at all to do with an article he didn't write.

Default Safe Prowler Pushing

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    I had not considered the achilles tendon dangers of the on-the-toes technique. Thanks for the tip.
    I've watched Rips video on prowler pushing, the major take away for me was AVOIDING landing on the toes to avoid a possible achilles tendon injury. This being said, I would say trying to sprint with a loaded prowler while preserving bilateral heel strike is almost impossible. I'll just push it as quickly s possible (fast walk) to adhere to Coach Rips technique. If anyone has feedback or insight to push the prowler sprinting while preserving bilateral heel strike, I'm all ears.

- Joe

Default Safe Sprinting w/ Prowler

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    I had not considered the achilles tendon dangers of the on-the-toes technique. Thanks for the tip.
    I think it would be almost to sprint and land on your heels. Probably a rapid waking pace if you're trying to avoid landing in the toes and risking a potential Achilles injury. I appreciate any and all feedback on this. Cuz, I want to get the most out my training.

-Joe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12