starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For those that have a reverse hyper: I'm thinking of adding one.

• starting strength seminar october 2024
    • starting strength seminar december 2024
    • starting strength seminar february 2025
    Iam not.. I've got your typical garage set up. Squat rack, bench not much else.

I'm a gear sloot, so I built a tilt-top wood-framed clone of Rogue's unit with an old plate tree and some pillow block bearings for the swing arm. Wasn't hard, and didn't immediately explode with 6 plates plus myself on it while testing. I don't use nearly that much weight on it regularly. I don't know how much it's helped, but it feels good right after squats and deadlifts, so I keep doing it.

The main knock I have is that it takes up a large footprint, but a rack-mount unit didn't appeal to me.

I have seen several RHs listed around me on CL, but they are either very expensive or look like clunky homebuilt units.

I just slide a pair of 2X10's inside my power rack. I either do high reps with no weight, or use ankle weights or bands.

The Scout - Reverse Hyper? ? Westside Barbell

This is a cheaper version of the Rogue/Westside machine. I have one and love it, but it takes some getting used to and it can also be a pretty taxing exercise when you load some heavier weight on it. Kind of feels like your body is being compressed to the point of breaking in half. Terrific way to help the lower back after a heavy squat or DL day.

starting strength coach development program
    My gym just added a Rogue reverse hyper. The warnings are correct: the thing is huuuge. I actually like it a lot, though. Better than GHRs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12