starting strength gym

Thread: Squat form check - leaning to side

Default Squat form check - leaning to side

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hello,
    I have a problem of leaning to right side when squatting. It's very hard for me to correct that, especially when the weight goes up. It's difficult to keep the bar in straight line and even if I mange to do so, bar will eventually lean to side at the bottom with reps.
    Video is recorded in front intentionally to show leaning better.
    low bar squat 102.5kg

What can I do to fix that?
    To eliminate aspect of shoulder flexibility (I used to have elbow and shoulder pain for a long time when low bar squatting), I'm going to switch to high bar squat to observe if leaning is reduced. Today I did high bar squat deload with 82.5kg and lean was practically absent, but my hips seem to be still rotating to the right.

Could be a short leg. Could be something in the hips or back. Could also just be a habit that will resolve with increasing body weight and strength. Might not be consequential either way, although I cannot say from here. I need to see a shot from the back, not the front and preferably with shorts and a t-shirt, although it is probably getting cold for that. Also would want to see a rear oblique video.

Here are new videos:
    rear view
    right rear view
    left rear view
    Thanks!

I have joyous news for you. The level of asymmetry you display here is entirely normal and not pathological. Worry yourself no more about it. The bar is probably more level on your shoulders than it is on mine. I can tell you that you should let your knees come forward a little more early. Then, drive your butt up instead of lifting your chest.