• starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    sex: male
    weight: 82.5 kgs
    height: 5'5/6 (not exactly sure)
    Lp weight gain: 14 kg (30.8lbs)
    starting squat: 70kg 3x5
    finishing squat: 140kg 3x5
    (included the above incase youre wondering why im doing tempo squats)

Hi ive recently noticed that during my squats im having some difficulty keeping my heels on the ground. I think ive had this problem for a while put i never noticed because
    i usually recorded my squats from the side and the power rack usually obscured my feet so i never noticed, this problem is also there in my regular squats and paused squats not just tempo. I think part of the problem might be initially when I started squating i tried to go as low as possible to ensure i didnt squat high which might have forced me a little forward onto my toes also for the first couple of months of training I squatted in runners because i didnt have any weightlifting shoes so i might have developed some bad habits from that. yes i have the book i read it completely i didnt skip over anything and i have practical programming aswell. I tried the technique cues in the book but nothing really seemed to work so i was worried maybe its not a technique flaw and that my arches were collapsing (i have a bit of pronation in my feet i think) so i figured the best palce to ask was here since i figured you would be able to tell the difference.Sorry if the video isnt great i read the sticky before posting and this seemed ok if not ill try to get another one. Thank you for taking the time to post a response to this the help is much appreciated.

2 sets of 8 at 92.5kg
    2nd set shown

YouTube

I need a better video that has been properly rotated.

Hi again

I think this one should be fine its properly rotated, as far as video quality goes tho this is the best a htc desire can do
    i know this is a paused squat not a tempo but like i said in my earlier post this is an issue that is there all the time not just with tempo
    that just happened to be the most recent video i had plus i figured the heavier weight might make issues with my squat more obvious.

set of 4 120kg 2ct paused or @9 ( i guess not really sure felt like it tho )

YouTube

Don't let your knees go so far forward. Lean over more. Putting the camera on the ground makes it hard to provide good input.