starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Check - (Kevin)

Default Squat Check - (Kevin)

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Coaches- My squat feels like a mess right now. Had to deload after being sick. Working my way back up to 275. Anyway, I feel like Ive got multiple issues. One constant is I get front of foot quite a bit and good morning the bar after my hips go up. But now I also feel like I’m not getting a stretch at the bottom... possible butt wink? And some knee slide.

Despite seeing these issues I can’t seem to address them during my actual work sets.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kevon

PS- I included the side view from Wednesday for a better angle of knees, depth, etc

Links:

255 lbs back view
    YouTube

265 lbs side view
    YouTube

You need some lifting shoes. Some of this stuff will clean up instantly when your shoes are not squishing around beneath you. You also need to lower the hooks on your squat rack by one. Honestly, despite these issues, your squat is not bad. Get some shoes, take a slightly wider stance, and drive your knees out harder. Everything will be fine. Also, say not the cursed words, "butt wink."

Thanks for the response. Appreciate the advice and will be getting shoes shortly.

Here’s my latest. Would you still go with a wider stance here? Knees out further?

Squat- 270lbs (3rd set)
    YouTube

Thanks,
    Kevin

Stance looks good. Knees out more. Make sure your pants are not binding you and preventing that. Knees out will help with depth, which is lacking a bit. Drive your butt up instead of lifting your chest, too. Are you aware that one of the Minions is named Kevin? I am sure no one has ever mentioned that to you before.

starting strength coach development program
    Thanks Tom, I’ll give it a go tonight. I have two girls under the age of 4 so in a word... yes