starting strength gym

Thread: Lateral hip shift when doing heavy overhead presses

Default Lateral hip shift when doing heavy overhead presses

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    YouTube

As the topic, doing heavy presses causes my hip to sift to the left, causing the left shoulder to look weak. I have an old injury in the right shoulder. My right trap is higher than my left. Right shoulder sometimes flares upp.

Any suggestion how to move on. Done the old rotatorcuff work before did not help. Over head snatch grip shrugs has helped a bit.

Regards
    Daniel

My suggestion is, especially for a 7 year member of the board who we've interacted with before, to read the sticky and not post the same thread on Rip's Q&A when you don't get a reply here after a couple days. We're busy here, only two of us post and check in here regularly, and we give a complete list of our expectations in the sticky. One of them being that we don't appreciate the disrespect of asking a question in multiple places here. If the question is so urgent that a lack of reply within a couple days is a big deal, then you should be paying for a coach to be in touch with you regularly, not digging for free help and getting impatient when it doesn't arrive conveniently at your desired schedule.

Be better, Daniel.

This thread is locked, and may The Lord of Light protect you, for the internet is dark and full of terrors.