• starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hello all,
    I'm 28/M/6'/235lbs
    Squat 355 5RM
    Bench press 275 3x5
    Deadlift 365 5RM
    Press 162.5 3x3
    Power clean 217.5 4x2

I'm in a bit of a pickle. I was just transitioning my squat over to Texas Method style programming, and on my first "volume day", I discovered my stretch reflex. I also realized I haven't been locking out my lumbar properly for quite some time. I read the book, but I didn't fully comprehend what it said until I discovered it myself. Now I'm wondering where to go from here. I'm guessing do a big reset and another lp, but I'm wondering how much? If I've been doing this ineffectively for so long (6 months since I started SSLP), how much of a reset do my erectors need to be able to adapt if I haven't been training them effectively?

Side note, I'm thinking of getting down to 220 lbs. My chinups have been struggling for some time (sets stuck around 3x5), and I'm thinking it might help if I change my body composition a bit. Is this ill-conceived? My macros are set at 252/252/56

What was your volume day? 5x5?

Since that felt good is start there assuming it wasn't 70% or something. I imagine you still have some progress left based on age and weight but who knows. You could always try doing the HLH so you're progressing twice per week on squats if you are not recovering in just 48 hours.

Yes, my volume day was 325lbs, 5x5. I completed all the reps, however, I wasn't able to maintain tightness in my lumbar for all 25 reps, especially the last set. So I'm starting to think it didn't count.

Post a video

Today was scheduled to be my intensity day, 360 5RM. Instead I'm going to try 325 3x5 and see how it feels, and I'll take some video for you guys!

Good deal! Read the sticky on how best to film these so we can all help you as much as possible! Good luck today!

Alright,
    Took a couple angles with my smartphone propped against a kettlebell, hope these are alright. 325 3x5
    First set - Amazon Drive
    Second set - Amazon Drive
    Third set - Amazon Drive

Squats looked pretty solid to me man. I’d keep chugging along! If you’re interested in dieting down or whatever, check out Andy Bakers YouTube channel and forum. He has some really good videos and tips.

starting strength coach development program
    Thanks for the reply! I'm gonna reset from here and just do advanced novice h/l/h until I run it out again. Want to make sure I get this right before I get to the heavy weights. Andy Baker has a youtube channel?? (mind blown)