starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift Form Check 170kg

Default Deadlift Form Check 170kg

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    This video is from December 4th. I missed some time in the gym due to the recent unrest here in Jordan so I did a slight deload to 160kg last Monday. I don't have a video of that lift.

Your stance is very narrow. Vince Aniello would be proud. Consider making your stance slightly wider and moving your grip out a finger-width or less on each side. The reason for this is that you do not appear to be setting your back. I cannot tell from the video very well. I would need the camera lower and more to your side than your front to truly see this, however. Whatever the case, feet a little wider and a wider grip will allow you to push your knees out more and may make it a little easier to get your back flat. In general, you are leaving your hips too high and trying to get your hips in place and squeeze up in one step. This causes you to kick the bar forward, too. So, return to the magic steps for the deads. Follow them to the letter. No more. No less. Embrace the discomfort at the start of the pull.