starting strength gym

Thread: Hip joint/Upper leg pain and squat form check.

Default Hip joint/Upper leg pain and squat form check.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Coach,

Deciding that it was time to take control of my body and become stronger, I recently began to follow the starting strength method of barbell exercises at the recommendation of 4chan's fitness board. I thought that before I began adding weight workout to workout, I would make sure my form was correct. I did not want to agitate my left knee, which I had minor surgery on five months ago, and paramount to me was safety under the bar. Thus, I throughly read through startin

Deciding that it was time to take control of my body and become stronger, I recently began to follow starting strength at the recommendation of 4chan's fitness board. I began reading the book, signed up for my local gym, bought my squat shoes and made a tentative attempt to start the program about a month ago. Since then I have done a fair bit of time wasting and not increasing the weight between workouts However after the last workout of last week, I felt a serious pain in my hip joint. I knew that I must have made a grave error in form to have hurt myself with such light weight.

That being said, I went back to the gym yesterday in order to take a video of myself squatting with the hope that I would be able to have a third party tell me what I'm doing wrong and how to correct it. After reviewing it myself and rereading the book, I believe that my knees are not staying forward and my hips are certainly not driving upwards.

YouTube

Thanks for your time,
    Tyler

I have good news. You suffer from no grave form errors. In fact, your squat looks pretty good. You could probably lean over a little more and avoid arching your back so much. I would also encourage you drop your elbows some and remember to keep your chin down. All of that is pretty minor, however, and easily fixed. You are highly unlikely to hurt yourself with 65 pounds. Based on your bar speed, you could add more weight to the bar. Sometimes joints hurt for no good reason. You are going to be okay. Eat more sandwiches, too.