starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Check

Default Squat Check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Sorry if I'm reposting this prematurely, but it's been a week and I think my old thread may have gotten lost in the shuffle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    You can repost a form check here, although if the thread is old and gets buried, there is a lower chance of us seeing it. If it is a week, or two, start a new thread.
    In my last post, I was wondering if I had the low-bar position correct because it was causing some pain on my right side. That's no longer the case, but my elbows are a little asymmetrical, which could be due to an old shoulder injury, but I'm curious if it's an issue. You can see this in the video:

Low-Bar Position

Here's a video for a generic form check (I was told before that two separate videos was okay):

Set 2 of 3 @ 240lbs

The only issue I'm able to see is that my knees wobble in at the start of the push. I've been having some pain in my patellar tendon, right at the top of my patella, which I know Tom has talked about at length elsewhere on the forums. I've just started trying some of his strategies to limit it, but I'm curious if this knee wobble could be causing it? It seems it is most often attributed to the knee sliding forward at the bottom, rather than inward, but I started feeling this (very mild) pain within the first 4 workouts (I'd never squatted before) which seems like a faster onset than in other anecdotes of the same issue. This video is of my 12th and latest workout. Any help would be amazing!

Thanks for offering this resource!

Your bar position is fine, but you need to read the sticky about how to film form checks. All I can tell you right now is that your stance is too wide.

How many videos have you posted here recently? I just found another thread with your squat checks. I am about to lock both of these. I do this stuff for free. I cannot wade through a bunch of shitty videos that get posted all the time. You need to be patient, or you need to hire someone to look at these.

I apologize for the confusion. I posted a form check in the thread Old Shoulder Injury, but after a week of no response I thought it may have gotten buried, as you had indicated was possible. That's why I started this thread. However, after I started this one, you responded to my old one, indicating it needed a better video. I have since posted an updated video to the first thread (Old Shoulder Injury).

It was my misunderstanding about wait times. I had a look at some of the other threads and most were replied to within 2-3 days, so it seemed to me that after a week, mine had simply gotten lost in the shuffle. So again, I'm sorry for the mix-up, but to clarify, I have posted an updated video, which I believe follows the guidelines set out in the stickies, in the "Old Shoulder Injury" thread I linked to.

Sorry to have wasted your time.