starting strength gym

Thread: Publications about lower back fixes

Default Publications about lower back fixes

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi
    I saw all of your videos on Starting Strength YouTube Channel about lower back pain and its ways to fix it. I am very thankful for sharing your knowledge on this topic.
    I am a physiotherapist student from Poland and I am on my 3rd year. Currently to get my bachelor's degree I have to write Bachelor's thesis (I don't know how it works in the USA, but here we write thesis on certain topic that has to be "defended" by the author during a special examination for the given degree).
    Topic I chose to write about is "Strength Training as a way to fix lower back pain". Because I have to base my work mostly on references and YouTube is not a viable source of information maybe you know about any certain publications, articles, books on this topic?

I think you will find the literature on how to deadlift to be woefully lacking. Further, as a masters student, you should be conversant with the literature and how to do research. For example, you probably are already aware of research showing that surgical outcomes vs. non-surgical outcomes for disc herniation are essentially equal. Perhaps you could set up your own experiment and find a bunch of people with back pain. Teach them how to deadlift. Make them stronger. See what happens.