starting strength gym
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Female Having Trouble Moving up on Bench Press

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Eating enough ? Sleeping enough ? Eating sufficiently makes a massive difference-I resisted doing that for several months, but it makes a massive difference to performance.

Having same issue with daughter. We're switching to 5 sets of 3 and micro loading.

Also, some advise you wont get on this board, because it doesn't fit well inside the SS brand: at your strength level, doing push ups is a wonderful strength building exercise. I would add some push ups to the end of bench days. These will build strength for likely a few months for you until you're benching well above 75% bodyweight for reps. Build yourself up to do sets of 5-8. You may have to start off on your knees, or doing half reps.

Katie: How many reps did you get at 86 pounds?

I rest 5 minutes between sets.

I am for sure sleeping enough. I was tracking my food but just started doing that. I average around 2000 calories per day and I am eating around 115-135 grams of protein per day.

I can do 3 x 5 at 86 but when I moved up to 88 pounds I could only do 4 reps for the first two sets and 3 reps for the last set.

Sounds like 87 pounds is your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by katiemitchell View Post
    I am for sure sleeping enough. I was tracking my food but just started doing that. I average around 2000 calories per day and I am eating around 115-135 grams of protein per day.
    Post that in nutrition and see what Santana says. It looks to me, on the basis of what I've been told to do, that 115-135 might be too low for weight lifting. I'm no expert on that, just going by the suggestion I get at least 200g.

Quote Originally Posted by Nockian View Post
    Post that in nutrition and see what Santana says. It looks to me, on the basis of what I've been told to do, that 115-135 might be too low for weight lifting. I'm no expert on that, just going by the suggestion I get at least 200g.
    Her nutrition/protein is fine. This is more of a programming issue. You’re old and underweight, which is why YOU need more protein

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Royce Nichols View Post
    Her nutrition/protein is fine. This is more of a programming issue. You’re old and underweight, which is why YOU need more protein
    Rub it in why don't you :sobbing emoticon:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast