starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Early morning workout

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Art Devaney. An interesting guy indeed. I happened across him right before stumbling onto SS. Another opinionated and strong personality. Not quite as STEM evidence as SS, and with some quirks of it's own. Just like it's originator.
    I lost art when he went exclusively Facebook. I am a Facebook refusenik. Screw Facebook

Otherwise his last YouTube talks are priceless.

Welcome MWMan!

At 63 for another month, I'd echo most of what is above. I have my own equipment, but work full time (at least), so usually I work out in the early evening. Which is not as good, but way better than nothing. When I work out early afternoon (Saturdays or Sundays), it does not interfere with my sleep, and tends to go better. Not being a morning person, I have "religious" objections to lifting too early.

Never let the perfect stand in the way of good.

I'd also consider cutting back to 2 days a week for more complete recovery. But if you're making progress, as long as your form is good, you're fine. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesepuff View Post
    Welcome MWMan!

At 63 for another month, I'd echo most of what is above. I have my own equipment, but work full time (at least), so usually I work out in the early evening. Which is not as good, but way better than nothing. When I work out early afternoon (Saturdays or Sundays), it does not interfere with my sleep, and tends to go better. Not being a morning person, I have "religious" objections to lifting too early.

Never let the perfect stand in the way of good.

I'd also consider cutting back to 2 days a week for more complete recovery. But if you're making progress, as long as your form is good, you're fine. YMMV.
    It seems to me that as a senior, I require a lot more recovery time than my junior colleagues at the SS gym. IN fact I start feeling like shit after a gym session about 48 hours later and it lasts a while I am curious about some of you guys here that get a workout nearly every day. That would screw me over good....but I have a bunch of MSK issues....a special snowflake, for real.

According to my Fitbit sleep tracker, my sleep quality is better with training at night. More REM and Stage 3/4 sleep.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesepuff View Post
    Welcome MWMan!

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Burnett View Post
    It seems to me that as a senior, I require a lot more recovery time than my junior colleagues at the SS gym. IN fact I start feeling like shit after a gym session about 48 hours later and it lasts a while I am curious about some of you guys here that get a workout nearly every day. That would screw me over good....but I have a bunch of MSK issues....a special snowflake, for real.

Thanks for the input Guys. I have to say that recovery is definitely an issue. I have to do my 3 day work out almost back to back, as we look after our baby Granddaughter for 4 days a week while her parents are at work, so I'm limited as to when I can do it. (At least until she is old enough to be doing it with me). So I do an upper body day, leg day and then another upper body day. I know this will be much improved when I can spread them out across the week. I do however take my time doing them. I leave plenty of time between reps and sets to ensure my energy comes back. Leg day still frightens me though - my energy is completely drained for that day!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12