starting strength gym

Thread: The Alzheimer's Germ

Interesting. A $50,000 grant is indeed a "pittance," though. Hardly enough to buy reagents and hire a part-time tech. Silly.

It wouldn't surprise me. It's amazing to me how often we have "consensus" on something scientific and it turns out it was actually something completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me. It's amazing to me how often we have "consensus" on something scientific and it turns out it was actually something completely different.
    The "consensus" on AD in the neuroscience community is that our knowledge of what's going on is increasing rapidly and yet woefully incomplete.

And yes, scientific disciplines do go through periodic revisions and revolutions. That's why it works. Science constantly refining or changing its view isn't like changing one's faith or one's politics. It's a sign that it's working. That's what science is supposed to do.

By golly, I'm going to start wearing a protective mask from now on. I've got enough problems without losing the rest of my thinking capacity.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathon Sullivan View Post
    The "consensus" on AD in the neuroscience community is that our knowledge of what's going on is increasing rapidly and yet woefully incomplete.

And yes, scientific disciplines do go through periodic revisions and revolutions. That's why it works. Science constantly refining or changing its view isn't like changing one's faith or one's politics. It's a sign that it's working. That's what science is supposed to do.
    Agreed.