starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tweaking my back too often

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Schexnayder View Post
    Well, painful or just stiff? Every day after a workout, I am very stiff getting it of bed.

And take last part that as you will.
    Painful for a couple of days after the tweak.

Quote Originally Posted by watson View Post
    Painful for a couple of days after the tweak.
    and after that its a minor discomfort that is relatively easier to train through.

Quote Originally Posted by watson View Post
    "debilitating pain" - But getting out of bed the next day is extremely painful.
    I've found a lot of my back tweaks go away by stretching the lower back. I stand on a stool with a dumbbell in my hands and bend forward, letting the dumbbell pull my hands below the level of my feet.

starting strength coach development program
    I have been tweaking my back way too often too. Weird enough most of the tweaks happened when i wasn't lifting any heavy weight.

For example a couple of years ago i was cleaning my garage and bent over to pick something from the ground (i think it was a leaf) and i suddenly "locked".
    At night i tried stretching and i probably did something wrong and the pain was so terrible the fist thing i did the nest day was go direct to the hospital.

Then this year i was just picking an empty bar after the workout and had another back tweak.

Then i had another warming up squat with just 50 kg.

Then another deadlifting 130 kg. (btw my best deadlift was 170 kg so this wasn't very heavy. i think i kinda relaxed after the lock out and when i was going to put the bar down my back had a sudden contraction on the lower back muscles.)

Then the last tweak was squatting 120 kg trying to "practice" some stretch reflex at the bottom (probably bad form, im not sure.).

I im a bit afraid of lifting weights since then. Cause back tweaks suck.
    Im not sure if this could be a sign of an hernia, but doctor told me it was probably just muscular and gave me some muscle relaxer prescription. And told my hamstrings are terrible shortened/tight.
    Im trying to stretch to gain some flexibility and practicing form, but im not really sure how i should go about it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12