Quote Originally Posted by RandyG View Post
Hi Vinnie,

When I read your post and your lift numbers I had to laugh—not at the numbers, but at how so very similar our strength journeys are.

I am also 58, I also started roughly when you did, with roughly the same numbers, and roughly the same progress—almost to a pound.

In fact your next workout's #s look like mine.

Same with sleep. I can't sleep for much more than 6hrs even if I can and want to.

And I also began this journey after reading SS and BBRx—two great, well-written, books that I recommend to all my friends. Alas, few of them listen.

In terms of differences, I am 1" taller and 25lbs lighter, with a goal of getting to 185 by the time I am 60. And since mass moves mass, I suspect that your LP will progress faster/longer/further than mine.

I welcome another "newbie" and I wish you the best of luck to both of us!
Hey Randy, thanks for checking in. I've read your posts and coincidentally, that's what motivated me to start this thread. Another thing we have in common: I'm a "Randy" too. My name is actually Randall Vincent, and I'm called Randy by several people (Boo, by close family & friends) Vinnie was what everyone called me in the Marines. Randall was taken as a username already so I went with Vinnie, LOL. Stay in touch brother and we'll cheer each other on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
The best way to avoid those two setbacks is to not get too greedy for gains and take the incremental jumps in weight in easy to achieve bites as well as strict attention to your form.
So true Mark. I'm thinking of the chapter on "greed" in the BBP book. I know it's tempting to push progress but I'm prepared to go the long haul. I've already got the micro-plates in my bag for when the time comes. Doing 5 lb. increases across all 4 lifts right now. Form, I know, is crucial. Great advice, thanks.