starting strength gym
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: An Easy Way to Make Good Coffee | Nick Delgadillo

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    Nope. Hot, dry heat is the idea for roasting. Baking and roasting are the same method, just applied to different items. Not sure where you're getting the fat idea at all, except that, of course, a nice roast has a nice bit of fat.
    I'm the only one at my house that drinks coffee, so I roast on a small scale. I use a late 80's era popcorn air popper and I can roast three or four days worth of coffee in 15- 20 mins...

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    Nope. Hot, dry heat is the idea for roasting. Baking and roasting are the same method, just applied to different items. Not sure where you're getting the fat idea at all, except that, of course, a nice roast has a nice bit of fat.
    But roast potatoes are not the same as baked potatoes! I'm even more confused now.

Roasted potatoes are pieces of potatoes. Baked potatoes are whole potatoes. English is an odd language, but useful.

Quote Originally Posted by John Davison View Post
    But roast potatoes are not the same as baked potatoes! I'm even more confused now.
    It is more correct to refer to baked potatoes as roasted, but "baked potato" is a common use. The distinction between baked and roasted is supposed to hinge on changes to final form at the end (dough --> cookie vs potato, beef), but baked is the same method as roasting : relatively high dry heat. Some phrases get slotted different ways by patterns of use. How often do you hear "wreaked" these days without it being tied to "havoc" or less commonly "vengeance"? Read literature and you'll find different patterns.

The grinder is a Bodum Bistro burr grinder. The stove is an Imperial commercial stove with double ovens and 26" griddle. It's badass and 100% the reason we looked at this house when we were shopping.

I light the burners manually because it's designed to have the pilots burning constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Warren M View Post
    Thoughts on Bialetti. I find pour over takes to much patience at 5:45 am.
    The Bialetti is an even bigger pain in the ass. Too much trouble to clean for my taste, but I like using it.

Is it Nick who did\does BJJ? If so he's like a bigger version of me in every way - larger, stronger, more skillful (everyone is), and way more diligent in his coffee making!

Quote Originally Posted by Clyde Copeland View Post
    Forget the coffee. Let’s talk about that range/oven. ‘Cuz dang!

Helpful video Nick. Thanks!
    I know! envious of the griddle.
    Scott Acosta, SSC, Westside Barbell Coach, USAPL Coach, Nice Guy
    essentialbarbell@yahoo.com
    For the love of God, just do the fucking program

Thanks. Like the bodum bistro grinder. A friend of mine who used to work at Sweet Maria's turned me on to the behmor and the clever dripper, so that's what I use. Gonna try that hario

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren M View Post
    Thoughts on Bialetti. I find pour over takes to much patience at 5:45 am.
    A good time hack for the bialetti, boil your water first in a pot, then pour it into the bottom of the bialetti. It wont 'cook' the coffee and it makes it a little faster. I think it tastes better myself. It's about 5-10 minutes faster then making it the normal way.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast