starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to Use the Bathroom | Grant Broggi

Default How to Use the Bathroom | Grant Broggi

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Starting Strength Coach Grant Broggi shares his expertise in proper use of the bathroom honed from years as a Marine and owner of The Strength Co.

Watch video

Dare I ask what prompted this?

Gym owners get frustrated about shit like this. For example, did you know that if you set out a new roll of toilet paper, the old roll will immediately stop being used until the two rolls are approximately the same size, and that if you set out another new roll it will be used preferentially as well? Nobody will use the last of a roll of toilet paper if a new roll is available. And people apparently like to climb up on the bathroom lavatory counter to take a bath while they wash their hands, judging by the amount of water that is always left around the sink itself. Also, nobody ever turns off either a fan or a TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    if you set out a new roll of toilet paper, the old roll will immediately stop being used until the two rolls are approximately the same size, and that if you set out another new roll it will be used preferentially as well? Nobody will use the last of a roll of toilet paper if a new roll is available.
    I noticed the same phenomenon with my jugs of milk when I still had roommates.

At my former office I swear there were men who had no concept of how to use a toilet. I'd frequently walk into the stall and find myself saying "How did you get sh*t THERE?" Honestly, on the wall behind the toilet? Did you have your feet on the seat trying to squat over the opening but misjudge the angle????

Yeah, that happens.

Brodie Butland is offline Starting Strength Coach
    Consigliere

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    At my former office I swear there were men who had no concept of how to use a toilet. I'd frequently walk into the stall and find myself saying "How did you get sh*t THERE?" Honestly, on the wall behind the toilet? Did you have your feet on the seat trying to squat over the opening but misjudge the angle????
    I saw it on the ceiling above the stall a few years ago. And two weekends ago I saw some at the very top of the stall divider (about 7 feet off the ground). I don’t know how either could possibly happen by accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Brodie Butland View Post
    I saw it on the ceiling above the stall a few years ago. And two weekends ago I saw some at the very top of the stall divider (about 7 feet off the ground). I don’t know how either could possibly happen by accident.
    Sounds like someone has developed some serious projectile launching skills. I suggest video surveillance.

Meanwhile, there are several guys in my gym who need to be reminded to go ahead and use the bathroom before doing squats and deadlifts and bench press. Fully grown adults.

To Grant's point about your fellow gym goers needing to hear the water run, to trust you washed your hands afterwards:

...they also need to see that you don't still have a patina of chalk on your hands afterwards.

starting strength coach development program
    Don't forget soap and hand sanitizer. I currently have about 4 bottles of liquid soap in the bathroom that are about 1/4 full sitting on the shelf.

And plates. At the end of a full day every single 10,5, and 2.5 in the gym has somehow migrated to a single power rack and the rest are barren.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast